New to FL. Looking for a range

New to FSN? Drop in and say hi!
PaREEEEEEplant

New to FL. Looking for a range

Post by PaREEEEEEplant »

Hi, moved the family from rural PA to FL this past month.

Used to shoot on my property, draw from the hip, rapid fire, steel targets, tannerite...

Looking for a place that I can do that again.

Live (renting) in Weston. I know...
You are reading me talk...
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Welcome from Tampa Bay! Not sure about ranges in your area (I know Tampa Bay ranges) but I'm sure there are plenty who do.
PaREEEEEEplant

Post by PaREEEEEEplant »

Hey FfNJGTFO,

How is TB? Were looking at other places to live in FL. FLL is just temporary.
You are reading me talk...
George W

Post by George W »

Welcome.
The first rule is no one from here says "Tampa Bay" unless they're talking about the body of water with that name or saying the full name of a sports team or company. If you live in Tampa, you live in Tampa. Wesley Chapel? Yup, it's the same.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

PaREEEEEEplant wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:09 am Hey FfNJGTFO,

How is TB? Were looking at other places to live in FL. FLL is just temporary.
I love it! I'm a little north of the city in Pasco County. if you like the "burbs," it's your place. But real-estate is starting to get expensive up here. Get here soon> I'm a stones throw away from Downtown Tampa (at off peak hours, mind you... :mrgreen: 25 min. with no traffic ) but far enough away to be sufficiently "Suburbiish..."
ss1

Post by ss1 »

There's very few choices that will allow you to much of what you are used to. Somewhat close to you was a private/club range on US 27 south of Sterling on the west side. I'm not sure if it is still open but most everyone here including myself have just walked away and not deal with the insanity. The property was for sale and was under contract but it is now back on the market for the original listing of $1.3 million.

Another private range in SW Miami called Henry's is also an option but it might be too small to allow tannerite.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

George W wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:48 pm Welcome.
The first rule is no one from here says "Tampa Bay" unless they're talking about the body of water with that name or saying the full name of a sports team or company. If you live in Tampa, you live in Tampa. Wesley Chapel? Yup, it's the same.
I'm a native of this state, and say Tampa Bay area all the time as it encompasses the 3 counties surrounding the body of water. Much easier than listing off a few dozen different micro municipalities. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

That said if you ask about a specific county, collectively here we can definitely find you a range, Welcome!
George W

Post by George W »

lighteye wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:22 am I'm a native of this state, and say Tampa Bay area all the time as it encompasses the 3 counties surrounding the body of water. Much easier than listing off a few dozen different micro municipalities. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

That said if you ask about a specific county, collectively here we can definitely find you a range, Welcome!
"Area" is key. There is context for that, but have you ever said to someone "I live in Tampa Bay."?
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

When I'm dealing with people in faraway states, I do say I live in the Tampa Bay area, so they have a general idea of where I am. If I told them I lived in Thonotosassa, that would just draw blank looks.

Living in Tampa Bay itself would be wet, smelly, and pretty miserable unless you have scales. Peace, friend :D .
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

About an hour N. of Orlando and 40 minutes due west from Daytona speedway. Where am I ???
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !