M14/M1A Garand plumber

M14s, M1 Garands & Carbines, Enfields, M1903s
TonyBen

M14/M1A Garand plumber

Post by TonyBen »

Hello there. I just moved to Auburndale from Oregon. Looking forward to helping anyone who needs it. I'm in the process of transferring my FFL to Florida. Hopefully it will all be done within the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to meet up in the near future, you can PM me.

I've been working on and building M14's for the last 7 years. I'm a mod on the M14 forum. Been there for 15 years now.

Tony.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Welcome! Wish you were closer; I have a Garand that I'd love to disassemble to part out. Has an unmarked aftermarket blued barrel on it that doesn't match the rest of the firearm.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Welcome! PM sent regarding a potential project.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Nice Tony I might reach out to you.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
soli6972

Post by soli6972 »

Do you rebarrel M'1s?
Around Lakeland
George W

Post by George W »

I have an old Poly Tech M14s that I'd like to get set up to run suppressed. It has the faux flash hider. How would you recommend going about that? I'd be running my SciCo Omega 36, so I have a lot of mounting options.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

OP hasn't signed in since November of 2022, so probably not going to get a reply to your question.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Dow Arms in Dade City Florida.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
George W

Post by George W »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:51 pm Dow Arms in Dade City Florida.
Bruce is awesome, but I'll pass on taking this there. They seem to take forever and that dipshit ex-Navy guy that works the counter is more than I will deal with. He's a condescending prick who goes out of his way to show disdain for M1 collectors/non competitive shooters.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I had a CMP Rack grade Garand I bought earlier this year rebarrelled there. I had put it in a new DuPage stock and Bruce inletted the stock a bit but the other guy rebarrelled and headspaced it. I've never had a problem there and I've been going there for close to 30 years now. He said 2 weeks, it took a a day over a week for my Garand. Tell Bruce you want him to do the work, not the squid.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !