The Good Lakeland Gun Show May 21-22

Charles

Post by Charles »

Found a nice Star Firestar M45 for $300, ammo and most gun prices were overpriced.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

rentprop1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:13 pm
indy1919a4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:14 pm I do not fully know how so many Florida guns shows have allowed them selves to allow 1 or 2 dealers to dominate a show like that. But enough bad.. Hey a fun little show you may consider is that Hernando Sportsman’s Club Gun & Knife Show. They are not every other week like some and it is a small little show. But it really has heart.

Where as there are some regulars there are also some new folks.

A big plus, it is held right on the range, you can go out and test a gun in real time during the show. Now that is kinda nice..
a lot of the FL gun shows are like that where the promoters run the show and take up MOST of the show

about the Hernando show....its become the same ole shit it was 10 years ago, the same gun guys ( non dealer ) vendors, with the same stuff ( just a bunch of stuff that hasen't sold since the last show plus a few holsters they found since then ) , in the same table spots, every time you go, this was the problem when it was at the fairgrounds years ago...you could walk in and count on the guy with the pony tail with the over prices Mausers sitting right inside the door to the right..... and there he was with the same guns, same price tags, complaining about the customers being cheap POS, cause they didn't wanna buy anything.
I did that show for a few years and had to just give up on it.....as a dealer getting stuck in the middle isle sandwiched inbetween 2 club member vendors, with 2 boxes of junk holsters, used reloading gear, and an overpriced lever gun.... its their world, their show, but it will never get any better unless they listen to the suggestions and change it up......and yes only thing it's got going is the range, if you wanna pay the $ 14 to test fire the gun you just bought :roll: , honestly you should get a free pass, if you bought something at the show to test fire it, but thats just me.
Always interesting to hear others see things.. I Do not see that. Now my experiences with the show are more limited to the past few years. Also each of us are looking for different things so a bad show for one can be good for another. This may be a different show then you have gone to because it only costs $7 to attend the show. Personally have picked up a few items there.
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

Does anyone know the date of the next one?
George W

Post by George W »

better2have&notneed wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:47 pm Does anyone know the date of the next one?
9/17 - 9/18, I believe.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Ouch, that seems like a long way off..

Hey if anyone interested they are having that FLORIDA MILITARY COLLECTORS’ SHOW up at Renninger's at Mt. Dora this weekend. Not the largest show. But not a stick in the eye. Now its not all guns, but more then a few are up there. Also its pretty much free.
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

George W wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:16 pm
better2have&notneed wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:47 pm Does anyone know the date of the next one?
9/17 - 9/18, I believe.
Thanks!!