Update on DeSantis, Con Carry & Special Session

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Post by tector »

Exhibit "A".

Wah, wah, wah--I WANNA GO WHERE I WANNA GO AND GIVE MY MONEY TO SECOND AMENDMENT HATING BUSINESSES!!!

You have your answer, zeebaron. To quote the old Pogo strip, we have met the enemy and he is us.
Last edited by tector on Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:53 pm You have your answer, zeebaron. To quote the old Pogo strip, we have met the enemy and he is us.
I literally went through the list of constitutional carry states earlier and could not find one that didn't allow open carry too.

Oh well. When Florida gets more expensive than NYC ("Florida is least affordable place to live in US, reports say" - https://www.wfla.com/wfla-plus/florida- ... ports-say/), I will have to move to a place that recognizes inherent rights anyway.
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:11 pm
tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:53 pm You have your answer, zeebaron. To quote the old Pogo strip, we have met the enemy and he is us.
I literally went through the list of constitutional carry states earlier and could not find one that didn't allow open carry too.

Oh well. When Florida gets more expensive than NYC ("Florida is least affordable place to live in US, reports say" - https://www.wfla.com/wfla-plus/florida- ... ports-say/), I will have to move to a place that recognizes inherent rights anyway.
If you own real estate, now's the time to cash out here, as you must know.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I wish I could convince my wife of that (cashing out). Pinellas is a pain, and we're in a small area in which the traffic is a lot less compared to most of the county.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:56 pm I wish I could convince my wife of that (cashing out). Pinellas is a pain, and we're in a small area in which the traffic is a lot less compared to most of the county.
Realistically my wife wouldn't leave for like 5 years, and even for me it would be best to wait 4. So God only knows what the market will be then.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:17 pm
zeebaron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:11 pm

If you own real estate, now's the time to cash out here, as you must know.
My problem is that for my small 2br townhouse, the mortgage, insurance, and association fee is less than $900 a month. It's hard to touch that even renting anywhere in the country now in 2022. I could sell and pocket at least $100k over what I owe on the mortgage (yes, housing prices have gotten that ridiculous where I am in Pinellas), but where would I go? Sigh.
tector

Post by tector »

We have a similar townhouse, but paid off. But it at our age (61) it would be better to work like 4-5 more years. My job is pretty portable, but wife's not. So she is the real anchor.

The good news is that DeSantis is very likely to win in November, so that would assure a non-commie governor for that time frame, and the state legislature looks safe. So it could be worse.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:04 pm We have a similar townhouse, but paid off. But it at our age (61) it would be better to work like 4-5 more years. My job is pretty portable, but wife's not. So she is the real anchor.

The good news is that DeSantis is very likely to win in November, so that would assure a non-commie governor for that time frame, and the state legislature looks safe. So it could be worse.
Just out of curiosity, should he take office for his 2nd term (and here's definitely hoping), is he then free to start getting 2A stuff passed, or does he still have to stay "in reserve" for a potential US Presidential campaign? Will we find out his true leanings?
tector

Post by tector »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:32 pm
tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:04 pm We have a similar townhouse, but paid off. But it at our age (61) it would be better to work like 4-5 more years. My job is pretty portable, but wife's not. So she is the real anchor.

Just out of curiosity, should he take office for his 2nd term (and here's definitely hoping), is he then free to start getting 2A stuff passed, or does he still have to stay "in reserve" for a potential US Presidential campaign? Will we find out his true leanings?
He already said he wants and would sign a CC bill. But he's the governor of Floirda, not the king. The Legislature has do its job, which it has failed to do multiple times, as has been documented here over the years.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

But wouldn’t we still need the carry permit to purchase a gun, & take it home that day? GARY.