COV-19 Job Loss

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

COV-19 Job Loss

Post by lakelandman »

Did anyone lose your job due to COV-19? I just did had an over the phone meeting with my manager and they were cutting more jobs.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
tector

Post by tector »

Sorry man.

A close friend just got the axe. These are terrible times.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Thanks, it is crazy so over this COV-19 BS.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Yeah, I was just doing part time work on a disabled boat, usually one day a week just to keep it afloat, and that went away. Guy owes me almost $10G and won't respond to emails & texts, getting ready to take legal action against him. Mechanics lien or US Marshall's seizure, what ever lawyers recommend.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Self-employed and business income dropped to zero. If not for the new unemployment coverage for self-employed people, I would be pretty up shit creek at the moment.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

BerettaRacer wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:17 am Yeah, I was just doing part time work on a disabled boat, usually one day a week just to keep it afloat, and that went away. Guy owes me almost $10G and won't respond to emails & texts, getting ready to take legal action against him. Mechanics lien or US Marshall's seizure, what ever lawyers recommend.
Maritime lien, federal law, probably has the most force. Of course the mechanics lien is available under Florida statute.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The employment situation is seriously bad, and the real repercussions down the road a couple of months. What's someone supposed to do when the mortgages foreclose and the Sheriff comes to the door. The person is unable to pay through no fault of his own, but by government edict.

I'm lucky, as I am retired. I am sure it's awful for people who are trying to make a start in life and keep a family going.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

REDinFL wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:50 am The employment situation is seriously bad, and the real repercussions down the road a couple of months. What's someone supposed to do when the mortgages foreclose and the Sheriff comes to the door. The person is unable to pay through no fault of his own, but by government edict.

I'm lucky, as I am retired. I am sure it's awful for people who are trying to make a start in life and keep a family going.
Some believe that is part of the left's endgame. Lots of folks lose houses. The left wings folks then run in and buy them up thus making them available for their people.

Not sure I buy that reasoning but I have heard less stranger stories lately.

I would not put anything past the extreme sides these days.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Image All this $hit is about the grab for power by the Demorats and their army the MOB and Antifa and getting rid of The Donald. All this $hit will disappear the day after Boner is elected, G-d forbid, along with the shutdowns, riots, and looting.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

n0rlf wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:34 am
REDinFL wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:50 am The employment situation is seriously bad, and the real repercussions down the road a couple of months. What's someone supposed to do when the mortgages foreclose and the Sheriff comes to the door. The person is unable to pay through no fault of his own, but by government edict.

Some believe that is part of the left's endgame. Lots of folks lose houses. The left wings folks then run in and buy them up thus making them available for their people.

Not sure I buy that reasoning but I have heard less stranger stories lately.

I would not put anything past the extreme sides these days.
I think the main part of the left's endgame is to make the economy so bad that people are angry, and the Biden camp can use the slogan "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Trump gets trumped, as primary objective.

Looking at what happened in the last real estate crash: homes foreclosed, packaged and sold to "investors", I don't think you are off the mark as far as the "right" connected people getting them.