Florida man arrested after attempting to bring gun into Disney park

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

My kid is twenty now, but way back when he was 3-10, my ex and I used to go to the theme parks at almost every 3-day weekend and at least for a week a year. We had membership to Disney Vacation Club timeshare and annual passes to both WDW and Universal which made it easy and managably affordable. I used to carry a NAA mini mag and then briefly a Ruger LCP into the parks. I noticed around 2010, they started to look for possible concealed carries, asking to lift shirt tails or open bulging pockets. I used to put a couple of emergency ponchos in my cargo shorts and they had twice asked about the pockets. Universal was at one point openly neutral about CCW, but they changed their tune and put up metal detectors. I've been to the parks once last year just to see the new Star Wars section (pretty cool BTW) after a long hiatus, and they clearly have no weapon signs everywhere.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Yeah, when we took the grandkids to Universal and WDW 3 years ago, they were physically opening every bag, and had a full body detector in place at every entrance. If you beeped walking through, you got separated for a special wand session. Screw that noise.
George W

Post by George W »

I haven't been to the Evil Rat's house in almost 20 years when my kids were small. The only way I could handle that place was with a bottle of whiskey in the diaper bag.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Deputydave wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:51 am I've carried in Busch Gardens before. Don't recall if I've carried in Disney or not? Been nearly 20 years since I've been there and I have no plans to go back. Too much pedo stuff associated with it.

But the restrictions are why I no longer go to theme parks. That and the ridiculously high ticket prices.
I carried at Disney before they got stupidly ridiculous.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Obiwan

Post by Obiwan »

I also used to carry in all of the parks. Haven't been to any in about 20years. Won't go now.
tector

Post by tector »

I went to WDW in 1974.

Never again.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
gforester

Post by gforester »

tector wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:50 pm I went to WDW in 1974.

Never again.
What? You would be missing out on the hours long wait in lines to see the attractions, and not only that you wouldn't be able to enjoy buying the $5 bottles of drinking water since there are no water fountains. What are you some kind of a kill joy?
tector

Post by tector »

gforester wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:33 pm
tector wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:50 pm I went to WDW in 1974.

Never again.
What? You would be missing out on the hours long wait in lines to see the attractions, and not only that you wouldn't be able to enjoy buying the $5 bottles of drinking water since there are no water fountains. What are you some kind of a kill joy?
Hey my sister was 3 and I was 13--it was part of a family vacation, I have an excuse!

She still goes there all the fucking time. SMGDH.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I've been to WDW exactly once, in 1973 for work related seminar. Stayed at the Polynesian Village Resort 3 days and carried a S&W 59 in a shoulder holster under a Guayabera shirt the whole time. 8-)
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Been living in the central Fl. area over 30 years and have never had the desire to go to that place,to many fuckin' kid's,LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !