NFA Wait Times

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

I'm at almost 2 months for an E-File F1 SBR (individual) ......starting to get pissed watching all these 2-week approvals.

My last PAPER F1 (2017) took 2 1/2 months..... and I actually received a real stamp
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Bummer. I was really surprised by this last one being so quick. I was counting on it being slower thinking that atf may have pulled staff from eform 1 duty to focusing on the eform 4s.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they all go to the same period as I don’t know why one eform is 30 days and the other is 90.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

How about disapproval timeframe … Form 1 suppressor Efiled 3/1/22 right after the mass disapproval batch. I refused to answer the entrapment questions that they decided to add after the fact that I was emailed. They also changed the application form without going through any official rule change.
I received a denial on 5/19/22
neverenoughguns

Flashooter22 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:44 pm How about disapproval timeframe … Form 1 suppressor Efiled 3/1/22 right after the mass disapproval batch. I refused to answer the entrapment questions that they decided to add after the fact that I was emailed. They also changed the application form without going through any official rule change.
I am curious as to what “entrapment” questions you were ask.

For a few days, I was thinking about doing an oil filter adapter type form 1 but it is looking like the juice is not worth the squeeze on that one….
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:52 pm
Flashooter22 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:44 pm How about disapproval timeframe … Form 1 suppressor Efiled 3/1/22 right after the mass disapproval batch. I refused to answer the entrapment questions that they decided to add after the fact that I was emailed. They also changed the application form without going through any official rule change.

For a few days, I was thinking about doing an oil filter adapter type form 1 but it is looking like the juice is not worth the squeeze on that one….
"entrapment" being having to explain you were building your F1 suppressor from components that were actually suppressor components to begin with....even if they came with a sticker that said "solvent trap parts"
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:52 pm

I have done several Form 1 suppressors...after getting a bug up their ass in February and denying about 800 submitted forms for no reason, the ATF sent out this email to people that they didnt deny, and then went in and changed the Form 1 application by adding these questions in. The denials basically said you could not use any purchased parts at all to construct a suppressor, saying that threaded tubes, undrilled end caps, undrilled "cups" or anything else like that is now a silencer part. All of the JK kits and other solvent traps that were on the market they are now saying are illegal silencers. That is very significant when you look at the questions that they sent.

Additional steps: eForm 1 Silencer submission
Dear eForm 1 applicant,

The National Firearms Act (NFA) Division received your ATF eForm 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm. As a part of the application process, NFA Division must confirm that the making or possession of a firearm would not place the applicant in violation of law.[1]

NFA Division requests that you provide certain additional information so that it may determine whether your eForm 1 application to make a silencer may lawfully be approved. Specifically, please submit to NFA Division the following:

Pictures of the parts that you will use to make the silencer (the pictures should be clear and allow the identification of the parts photographed),
A description of the processes you will use to assemble or fabricate the silencer,
The product, model, or kit name, if any, of each device and/or part that you will use to make the silencer, and
The source from which the parts were obtained, i.e., the name of the store, website, etc.
The additional information may be submitted to NFA Division at the following email address: FORM1Silencerquestions@atf.gov. Please include the form Permit Control Number or eForm ID in the Subject bar for each correspondence with attachments.

They are asking you to admit to possessing the items that they are now saying are silencers by themselves, therefore being in possession of an unregistered silencer(s).
I had the opportunity to speak with several of the heads of ATF FATD this week. I was told that they now consider all solvent traps as silencers. They didnt want to hear it when I asked about their previous rulings and technical bulletins where they acknowledged that solvent traps had legitimate uses besides being used to construct a suppressor after having an approved form 1.
This is an ATF technical bulletin thats was released in 2017 about solvent traps.
https://www.gunowners.com/images/pdf/AT ... _Traps.pdf
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

My form 1 can was approved in like 18 days, no pictures required, no description required, nothing besides caliber and length. But this was before the recent shenanigans...

If I were to do another one (which I was actually considering, but now hesitant about), and I received that letter I would send them a picture of my lathe. Nothing more, nothing less.

After my MP5 debacle with them, It will probably be awhile before I F1 anything else.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

I did four form 1 cans in the past year. All had been approved in 30 days or less. Those questions were added in March. I had a couple more silencers planned but will hold off until this is all figured out!
neverenoughguns

Anybody received an approved eform4 lately? Silencer Shop says 145 days right now?
George W

Post by George W »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:54 am Anybody received an approved eform4 lately? Silencer Shop says 145 days right now?
I am sitting at 103 days right now. Efile with a two person trust