Fishing Carry.

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Cubanstang50

Re: Fishing Carry.

Post by Cubanstang50 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 am

Lastrites wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:27 am
flcracker wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:56 am
What's a "Cuban rig" ?
This is what i thought of when i saw, whats a cuban rig :lol: :lol: :lol:

photohause

Post by photohause » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 am

Dave P wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:44 pm
Open carry is permitted while going to-from fishing....And While Fishing

FL Statute 790.25.3 is clear to me: " it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes: (h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

Are you a vagrant? Different rules apply. :lol:
If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt.

Jiggle

Post by Jiggle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 pm

I have personally been harassed by police for open carrying while fishing. Fortunately, being north Florida, the officer left me alone after verifying that I had a CWL and telling me to “keep it concealed”. I was in a public area, though there were not many people around. It was obvious by the way he approached me that somebody had called about it.

I was not interested in arguing with him, so I pulled my shirt over it and moved on.

My advice would be to keep a copy of the statute with your fishing gear, just in case. FWIW, I do open carry often while fishing, camping, hunting and also around my property, and have never had another issue.