Fishing Carry.

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
flcracker

Re: Fishing Carry.....

Post by flcracker » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Your logic might be fine for when you're just fishing off a pier, but have you ever tried carrying a concealed firearm hiking through the woods to a secluded fishing spot while wearing a backpack - and been convinced that you could actually get to it when you needed it? :?:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft — they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)

jwperry

Post by jwperry » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 pm

flcracker wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm
For day hikes when you don't want to carry a tent to "prove" that you're going camping.

8 inches long, weighs 56 grams (2 oz.). $4.28 w/ free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/38inch-Portable- ... BKSN6&th=1
My inner redneck wants one of these for those times when I see a "good fishing hole" from the side of the road and wish I had a pole to throw a line into it!

flcracker

Post by flcracker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:45 pm

jwperry wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 pm
flcracker wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm
For day hikes when you don't want to carry a tent to "prove" that you're going camping.

8 inches long, weighs 56 grams (2 oz.). $4.28 w/ free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/38inch-Portable- ... BKSN6&th=1
My inner redneck wants one of these for those times when I see a "good fishing hole" from the side of the road and wish I had a pole to throw a line into it!
This one is reviewed as pure junk - it's a $5 toy. There are other collapsible fishing rigs out there that work much better, and if you ever find an original working Ronco Pocket Fisherman for under $30 I would jump on it!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft — they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)