What Japan thinks of Americans

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Is there really a difference in being a super power, like Russia and China and being an empire?
Now the protectorates are paid welfare instead of paying tribute.
It has been my opinion for quite some time that these protected areas are a drain on the US economy, time to let them fend for themselves.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Yes, absolutely positively.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

P5 Guy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:56 am Is there really a difference in being a super power, like Russia and China and being an empire?
Uh yes. Russia takes and keeps territory like Georgia and the Crimean peninsula. If China engaged in military land grabs, you can rest assured they would keep the land.

The US once engaged in this kind of activity, we called it manifest destiny, but it was basically a land grab. The difference is it's been about a 100 years since we did such things and we really weren't a super power at the time.

If we wanted to be an empire, we could literally have colonies all over the globe paying us tribute so we don't send in the drones to remind them payments are overdue.
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

P5 Guy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:56 am Is there really a difference in being a super power, like Russia and China and being an empire?
Now the protectorates are paid welfare instead of paying tribute.
It has been my opinion for quite some time that these protected areas are a drain on the US economy, time to let them fend for themselves.
China and Russia are essentially regional powers much like the US used to be during the 19th century when it followed the Monroe doctrine.
The US has about 800 bases in 70 countries. It is an empire, it is not serving the American people and the wars it engages in are Evil.

This is what you get when you allow your government to be taken over by arms manufacturers and fake Americans whose primary allegiance is to a foreign country. On the positive side, the empire is starting to crumble and it's only a matter of time before China sinks a US aircraft carrier.
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

rug357 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm
jaytwillerham wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:59 am Yes.
Asian cultures are very much tribal.
Anyone out side their society counts for nothing.
Much of that is fueled by their people and cultural inadequacies and jealousies.
Every culture has to have somebody else to look down on…to improve their own self esteem.
Projecting much? Just because you operate a certain way does not mean other people let alone nations do.

Chinese culture is thousands of years old and Chinese people see current western culture for the pile of degenerative shit it really is.
That is why nations like China and others like it will still be standing long after the US is gone. So much for their cultural "inadequacies"... :mrgreen:
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

ABOC wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:38 pm

China and Russia are essentially regional powers much like the US used to be during the 19th century when it followed the Monroe doctrine.
The US has about 800 bases in 70 countries. It is an empire, it is not serving the American people and the wars it engages in are Evil.
So Russia is not in Syria? China isn't all over Africa?
ABOC wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:38 pm This is what you get when you allow your government to be taken over by arms manufacturers and fake Americans whose primary allegiance is to a foreign country. On the positive side, the empire is starting to crumble and it's only a matter of time before China sinks a US aircraft carrier.
Don't even know where to start with this one.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

SteyrAUG wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:12 pm Don't even know where to start with this one.
I mean, I agree with him that we bend over for Israel way too much, when they pretty much owe being a country to us backing them in the UN. Other than that, dudes on Fantasy Island.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

SteyrAUG wrote:

ABOC wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:38 pm This is what you get when you allow your government to be taken over by arms manufacturers and fake Americans whose primary allegiance is to a foreign country. On the positive side, the empire is starting to crumble and it's only a matter of time before China sinks a US aircraft carrier.
A little reading outside the mainstream media helps to understand it all. Of course, you have to be willing to hear the critical arguments against the U.S. war machine and weigh them against what you’ve been taught in government schools.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:25 am
SteyrAUG wrote:

A little reading outside the mainstream media helps to understand it all. Of course, you have to be willing to hear the critical arguments against the U.S. war machine and weigh them against what you’ve been taught in government schools.
May surprise you that I don't get my info from Fox News and my education is comprehensive enough to torpedo the shit out of what you think you know.

But please go ahead with your baseless assumptions.

The US War Machine, pretty much tells me everything I need to know. But China and Russia are simply "regional powers." Go sell it to somebody stupid.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

SteyrAUG wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:25 am
SteyrAUG wrote:

May surprise you that I don't get my info from Fox News and my education is comprehensive enough to torpedo the shit out of what you think you know.

But please go ahead with your baseless assumptions.

The US War Machine, pretty much tells me everything I need to know. But China and Russia are simply "regional powers." Go sell it to somebody stupid.
No need to get offended, I understand where you’re coming from, and I must thank you for perfectly illustrating my point.
Like Japan in the 20th century, we Americans are in for a reality check when it comes to what we think we believe about our own exceptionalism.
It’s as though we’ve not learned anything from others’ mistakes.