Got an Eviction Notice. Recommend me an attorney

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

jjk308 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:02 pm Because of the lack of proof of a rental agreement he has no way of winning that.
Unless you don't show up to court, which is probably what the landlord's planning...a default judgement.
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

Let me try to see if I have this right.

You have no written lease, so you have a month to month tenancy.

You paid in cash every month. You have no receipts.

He filed suit to evict you for non payment.

He says you owe four months rent, and you have no proof you paid anything.

The case will always stay in the public records. He could drop it, but it doesn't erase the public record that it was filed.

You are willing to pay four months worth of rent into the court, instead of using that money to get a new place.

Am I missing something here?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

And was offered a call for advice from someone who spent 16 years in real estate focused on mostly rentals and proper management, yet never called ? :roll:

The name rentprop didn't ring a bell :mrgreen:
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

I owe him 225 , he is saying I owe him 825. He also claims he put a notice on the door on the 5th, I know he was in Egypt on the 5th and I paid his son on the 4th.
I usually pay twice a month around 400 each time. The reason for this was because my old job paid the 10th and 24th of every month. I quit my old job and now get paid every other Wednesday. So this month I paid early, and was going to pay him the remaining balance on the 3rd payday of this month which will be this week. He's getting all uppity and thinking I am going to pay 400 every time I get paid, he's either stupid or greedy. I'd say a little of both, but leaning more towards greedy. He showed up here talking crap and demanding I pay him again. Asking the same questions over and over again. I was on my way out at the time it was around 915pm, I didn't appreciate it at all so I told him I'm done taking to you, and left. I think that pissed him off and he filed eviction next day, I received the notice about 4 or 5 days before the 24th, which is the day I've been paying the second 400 on for the last 3 years.
A nosey neighbor told me that he knows someone or a friend needs a place to stay, so he wanted us out, I have no idea if it's true.

Sorry i didn't call. I really appreciate the offer, but I didn't get home until after 6, and my wife said screw it, we are leaving.
I have your number, I'm gonna call you and talk dirty to you every Tuesday from now on.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Hire an attorney!! :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
photohause

Post by photohause »

Lock this thread, I'm getting dizzy
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

photohause wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:36 pm Lock this thread, I'm getting dizzy
+1 :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

The price you pay for having to resort to dealing with slumlords, I guess. Happened to me a couple of times, but that's my own fault for having bad financials at the time.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

rentprop1 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:20 am And was offered a call for advice from someone who spent 16 years in real estate focused on mostly rentals and proper management, yet never called ? :roll:

The name rentprop didn't ring a bell :mrgreen:
Rent, I learned quite a while ago that some people with a problem dont want a simple solution to the problem, they actually want the problem and the attention it brings.
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

Yes, that's it. You can tell by my post count and if you see my old post count versus the decade of being a member here, that I'm after attention.

I called rent out on my op, he offered for me to call him before 6. I did not have that ability on that day. My wife on the other hand spoke with an attorney who's main focus is type of law. His advice was to save our money because we won't win. I posted this in this thread. Maybe you missed it.