Things to do in Seattle....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:01 pm
screenerglenn wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:42 pm
neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm

On our list.... is it a one hour thing or more? Trying to plan our trip out. Thanks!
Last time I was there it was going on most of the day
What I meant was can you see the fish market in an hour or should we budget longer?
That would be Pike's Place Mkt. If all those lttle shops interest you, or you actually want to eat there, I'd give it longer than an hour. If all you want to do is say, "Been there, saw/done that," an hour should suffice. By the way, watch the fish thrower. I understand that they keep throwing the same fish over and over again (usually a King Salmon).
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector

Post by tector »

Do they still have tours of the Boeing plant? I did that 20 years ago. Great.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

tector wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:30 pm Do they still have tours of the Boeing plant? I did that 20 years ago. Great.
Yes, that is on our list of must see.
tector

Post by tector »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:00 pm
tector wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:30 pm Do they still have tours of the Boeing plant? I did that 20 years ago. Great.
Sorry, my fault--it was right in your OP.

Going up to Vancouver then taking the ferry over to Victoria is cool. We saw whales and seals along the way, and it is all beautiful.

Vancouver is like a 2, 2.5 hour drive.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:10 pm Visiting Seattle this year and looking for suggestions.
my oldest son is moving there in a month, check back just before you leave and I 'll be able to pass on cool things to check out, they are the get out and go see types, so they'll wanna see what Seattle has to offer in the first month, trust me :mrgreen:
Taco

Post by Taco »

tector wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:14 pm
neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:00 pm
Sorry, my fault--it was right in your OP.

Going up to Vancouver then taking the ferry over to Victoria is cool. We saw whales and seals along the way, and it is all beautiful.

Vancouver is like a 2, 2.5 hour drive.
I was planning a trip to Seattle that never materialized. The advice I got was the best thing to see in Seattle was Vancouver.