Miami measure on assault weapons ban proposed on the ballot

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
gforester

Post by gforester »

P5 Guy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:28 am ArmedinPasco
How are gun laws in Alabama
Open carry is legal. Concealed carry requires a permit from the county sheriff and Florida CWP is recognized in Alabama. No waiting period on gun purchases if you have an Alabama CWP. No loaded guns in vehicle without CWP as that is considered concealed under Alabama law. Nothing is considered an "assault weapon" in Alabama law.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Bmup wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:43 am "A Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF) “white paper” correctly identifies “assault weapons” as a politically contrived term with no real meaning and recommends dramatic federal law revisions in how they are regulated."

https://www.outdoorlife.com/gun-news-we ... bogus-term
Doesn't matter. The White Paper also pushed for the deregulation of suppressors.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Swamp Water wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:16 am Every single constitutional amendment passed the last mid term. This scares the 💩 out of me. We have to step up and fight for our state somehow. Not to mention that our wonderful (Pro Gun) Republicans just passed gun control in our state and the president is about to Ban Bump stocks through executive order I’m not real optimistic.
Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:35 am
Molivo wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:59 pm Not gunna go anywhere...
LOL.... legalization of weed is being pushed, anti Trump hysteria, and the fact that felons got the right to vote. Oh, this can very well happen.
All but one amendment passed. The one that didn't was the expansion of the homeowner's exemption on property tax.

Additionally, incoming FL Senate President, Bill Galvano wrote FL's gun control bill, SB 7026. As Senate President, we gets to direct where bills go. Who chairs and are members of committees, etc....

FL will not have any pro gun legislation pass. More so, the Republican Party of Florida has disbanded its 2nd Amendment Committee and does not view gun rights as an important party plank.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

The writing is on the wall, it all just depends on how long you plan to stick around to watch the shitshow that's going to take place here in the near future.
Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water »

I’m afraid so. 12 years left on FRS and I’m out. It sucks I love Florida.
Gun Owners Of America
TheKernel

Post by TheKernel »

Georgia is looking better and better.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

I was half joking before the last election about starting a amendment drive to make amendments harder to pass. After the election I am convinced it is a must. I would propose for the state Constitution to be amended would take a 60% vote of the entire registered electorate, not 60% of those who show up. Changes as fundamental as our Constitution should be just as difficult as it is to change the national Constitution. These are not zoning issues, pregnant pigs, working dogs or fishing nets. These are things that can shake our state to the core and should not be decided by a million people in a state of 22 million people.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Molivo:
Not gunna go anywhere...
Almost every referendum passed on this midterm election.

This could very easily pass. Florida's voters aren't as smart as you might think.
I was half joking before the last election about starting a amendment drive to make amendments harder to pass. After the election I am convinced it is a must.

We already passed one once, if I remember correctly.
Greg

Post by Greg »

It took medical pot 2 times to pass as a ballot measure if I remember correctly. 60% is a high threshold to obtain for a AWB
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:54 am Molivo:
Not gunna go anywhere...
Almost every referendum passed on this midterm election.

This could very easily pass. Florida's voters aren't as smart as you might think.
I was half joking before the last election about starting a amendment drive to make amendments harder to pass. After the election I am convinced it is a must.

We already passed one once, if I remember correctly.
it was made so 60% of the people who showed up to the polls are needed to pass a amendment. What it should be is 60% of the whole of the registered voters. Example, say there are 5 million registered voters in the state, and 2 million show up to vote, no amendment could possibly pass. it would take a minimum of 3 million votes to pass any amendment.
In the last election only 2.3 million people voted and at the 60% threshold that was only 6% of the population of the state decided to fundamentally change laws in our state. This needs to be made much more difficult to do!