I want off this earth

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I moved to a smaller town toward the middle of the state. Big difference between this and South Florida.

Not naming the town, because I don't want you people to flood here and ruin it. :D

Arkansas is nice though. My granddad moved to the Booneville area from Fort Pierce in the 80s and lived there until a few years before he passed.
tector

Post by tector »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:38 pm I moved to a smaller town toward the middle of the state. Big difference between this and South Florida.

Not naming the town, because I don't want you people to flood here and ruin it. :D
The funny thing is that I knew people who lived there over 20 years ago, but they left--they thought it was being ruined by too many newcomers! :lol:

It has always been thus. Everything is relative.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

tector wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm
wjbarricklow wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:38 pm I moved to a smaller town toward the middle of the state. Big difference between this and South Florida.

The funny thing is that I knew people who lived there over 20 years ago, but they left--they thought it was being ruined by too many newcomers! :lol:

It has always been thus. Everything is relative.
Funny you should say that. My wife congratulated me, because I always wanted to move to a small town like where I lived when I was a kid. She has no idea what it's like to live in a town of 250 people and drive 20 minutes to get to a town with a fast food place. This is a bustling metropolis compared to that.

Her grandparents bought this house here in 1990, and there was a Burger King and a McDonalds here back then. This town is so big now I'm surprised there isn't a Walmart yet.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Living close to Sebring is on my list too. ;)
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Arkansas is nice though. My granddad moved to the Booneville area from Fort Pierce in the 80s and lived there until a few years before he passed.
I am in the process of doing just this. Retire in a couple of months. Want enough land to shoot on, and get away from Hurricane threat (right now on the beach).
According to this map
I would guess the panhandle would be the safest; however, more to the center of the state, the hurricane is drastically less violent when it get too you.