Good or bad?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
TACC

Good or bad?

Post by TACC »

Please drop some opinions here,

Is this good or bad for us, or does it not affect our 2A community?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by TACC on Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TACC

Post by TACC »

More info on this.....

Tector, MIAMIJBT, ET AL

GIVE us your input what we should be anticipating now.

More info I found....Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Bill Posey is long in the tooth. He specifically resigned now to make sure only his chosen successor can go forward. Who happens to be former Florida Senate President Mike Haridopolos. Posey has already endorsed him and is bank rolling his campaign.

For a while, you had a number of state level officials who were circling Posey, waiting for him to drop out and retire. State Rep. Randy Fine and State Sen. Debbie Mayfield.

Well, since Posey held out this long, Fine is locked into running for State Senate now since he's already filed for that race. Mayfield is term limited in the State Senate, so she's running for the State House again. Specifically for Thad Altman's seat since he's term limited.

Posey apparently didn't want Fine or Mayfield to run for his seat. Posey's district is R+7 last I checked, the real race is the primary. A Republican will hold that seat come November.

In 2008, Haridopolos turned down a chance at higher office when he passed on an open Congressional race with the retirement of Rep. Dave Weldon. Weldon and others asked Haridopolos to run for the seat. Including Posey at the time. But Haridopolos declined and instead wanted to stay in the State Senate and endorsed Posey. Posey won and this is Posey's way of paying Haridopolos back.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA