South Florida shoot?

tector

Post by tector »

I always wondered how this place has survived so long:

https://www.hrpclub.info/index.html
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Looks like the closest "south Florida" outdoor range would be Homestead, assuming you're trying to cover the SE corner of Florida.

I shot several big matches there and they do have the space unless there's a major match going on.

Might be worth a look if you have enough people to attend.

The east coast has several good venues up and down the coastline but deep down south it looks like Homestead on the east is your best bet.

AD
miamitj

Post by miamitj »

Homestead and trail glades was what I had in mind but there doesn't seem like much interest as most of the posts are unrelated.
ADulay wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:32 pm Looks like the closest "south Florida" outdoor range would be Homestead, assuming you're trying to cover the SE corner of Florida.

I shot several big matches there and they do have the space unless there's a major match going on.

Might be worth a look if you have enough people to attend.

The east coast has several good venues up and down the coastline but deep down south it looks like Homestead on the east is your best bet.

AD
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

miamitj wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:50 pm Homestead and trail glades was what I had in mind but there doesn't seem like much interest as most of the posts are unrelated.
Hey, I'm interested. And I know a few people that might be willing to participate. Back before the pandemic the Survivor's SKS Boards group used to have an event twice a year in a private training site with campgrounds around Okeechobee. It started simply with one member saying he'd rented it out for a Saturday for friends and was inviting everyone. Pretty soon it had morphed into a much more elaborate three day event with everyone camping on the grounds, two days of competition including long range, designated marksman, vintage rifle, SKS comps and pistol matches with prizes given and door prizes for everyone who showed up. We even got some corporate sponsorship and T-shirts for every match. We had food prepared by a professional chef on a giant grill (when he wasn't smoking us at the pistol comps). We even had some informal competition about who could set up the most elaborate campsite for themselves (I'm afraid I was to blame for that one, I tend to overdo things and got the largest tent commercially available at the time without realizing what a spectacle I was creating, then everyone started to try to outdo it). It was really a communal family event, and we used to have people traveling there from as far as Texas and Louisiana and other states. The pandemic nixed the last planned one which was due to take place in April 2020, and after that the original organizer was unable to secure the site anymore so the whole group has been itching to get together again. It wasn't just the shooting, we all became very close and haven't had a chance to hang out.

I've been trying to set up a one day event here in S. Florida where a lot of the people that participated were from and even though it wouldn't be anywhere near as elaborate, I was hoping to gauge different areas to see if we could somehow start to build it up so some day it may have some semblance of the old event. That venue was particularly well suited to that event as it had a small building with bathroom facilities and electricity that could be shared with all the campers. I doubt we could find any place like that, but even if it never gets there, it would be nice to just get together anyway. Like I mentioned, I was hoping that setting up the corp. would help with this but the insurance has been an issue. If you want, maybe we could start by just getting a small group together to hit one of the ranges over the weekend. PM me if you're interested.
My posts kill threads.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I’m in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I fondly remember the Fun Shoots at Area 51 range of the Manatee Gun and Archery.

rug357

Post by rug357 »

I’ll come for sure and I’ll drag couple people along.
I personally prefer Trail Glades
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

https://www.henryssportshootingrange.com/
I believe you can rent the range for a half/full day for private events?! And, tannerite is allowed!
miamitj

Post by miamitj »

GunsandHoses wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:46 pm https://www.henryssportshootingrange.com/
I believe you can rent the range for a half/full day for private events?! And, tannerite is allowed!
You won't catch me dead there... Henry can kiss my ass!
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

miamitj wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:55 pm
GunsandHoses wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:46 pm https://www.henryssportshootingrange.com/
You won't catch me dead there... Henry can kiss my ass!
You do realize that now you have to post the story right? Come on man, don't leave us hanging. :lol: I heard many saying the same of Pop's range back when it existed and the reasons were both varied, outlandish and often hilarious.
My posts kill threads.