Individual e-Form 4 wait times question

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
armedpolak

Individual e-Form 4 wait times question

Post by armedpolak »

Yesterday and today I submitted (through dealer in Margate) 2 e-Forms 4, as individual, for DeadAir Mask and Rugged Obsidian 45.

Has anyone else here done this recently? How long did yours take to get approved? Silencer Shop's wait times chart shows median time to be 3 days... https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times :shock: :shock: :shock:

Could this possibly be true? When I filed 2 form-4 on paper in 2020 they took 8 and 9 months to process. What has been your recent experience with electronic filing?

AP
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Yes there has been a revamp on how the ATF has been processing forms. Wait times are supposed to be drastically reduced and there has been many reports of this being true. I also have a can that just came into my dealer that I need to do the paperwork on this week. Also hoping for a fast approval!
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

There's a thread where we've been posting individual completion dates and if you look through it over time you'll see there have been some variations in how long it's taken in the past.

Here's a link.

viewtopic.php?t=16&start=110
My posts kill threads.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Bought a suppressor Dec 17, 2022. E-Formed, & waiting. I call ATF to find out what’s the delay, & she replies “it’s still pending”. I have 2 SBR stamps from 10 years ago when we all used a trust, & mailed them in. This is ridiculous. GARY.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I have seen ones approved in weeks and some a little as three months looks like the ATF is stamping the forms not signing them like they used to.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.