Breaking News: WLP Resigns!

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

cvasqu03 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:39 pm I may have posted about this before, but my biggest worry continues to be about the museum. I'm FB friends with a guy that worked there until the COVID closures and he says several display items have been removed. The museum regularly gets a lot of bequeaths from wills of collectors who thought they were sending their items to somewhere they'd be appreciated. My friend says he has also not been allowed to access some display items he himself had loaned and there's apparently little accountability for the non-display collection. He seems to think WLP and his ilk have been pilfering collection items and selling them to prop up their regime. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but it certainly sounds like something they'd do.

My real hope is that a less compromised organization buys the museum from them and gets it out of their hands.
He posted a long description of that happening on Arfcom. It was maddening to read that. I last toured the museum in 2007/2008. From what he described, the place went to ruination. Lack of maintenance and missing items, no cataloging and proper records. His fears are probably correct, that items were personally sold for a profit or taken into high ranking folks' personal collections.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA