Derek Chauvin Did Not Murder George Floyd

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Derek Chauvin Did Not Murder George Floyd

Post by tector »

Pretty interesting discussion between a black "conservative" (Loury) and a black "moderate" (McWhorter).

https://glennloury.substack.com/p/derek ... der-george
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

More blacks are killed by their own ethnicity and that's okay with the black narrative. yet have a white person involved with a black death and right away the narrative is racism.
The whites are paying for the southern white democrat lynchings of the past. With affirmative action mandates and the appointment of blacks, qualified or not, in legal authority whitey is going to pay for the past whether the killing is justified or not.

I'm not an apologist but when you put a group of people in close proximity public housing or support with little to no opportunity for jobs, poor education and the stigma of being looked on like you're a reject from the human race, what you're going to get is rejects from the human race.

The groups don't have to be black, they can be hispanic, white, asian or whatever.
All groups of persons will react the same way if for generations they are raised in the same environment.

Our declaration of independence reads: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Frankly that wasn't true at the time of the writing. All men were not created equal in many persons eyes, and we are paying for that now.
Saying they are equal and seeing them as equal are two totally different things.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

that all men are created equal
Created equal does not assure all men remain equal.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Animal Farm by George Orwell,

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
tector

Post by tector »

The whole show is now available, unpaywalled:

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Chigger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:12 am More blacks are killed by their own ethnicity and that's okay with the black narrative. yet have a white person involved with a black death and right away the narrative is racism. ... The whites are paying for the southern white democrat lynchings of the past.
Saying they are equal and seeing them as equal are two totally different things.
Agree that people tend to develop how their environment shapes them. Seems to me that Asians mostly try to work themselves to a better living, while other minorities to various degrees do not try as hard. I'm white middle class, served in the military and don't feel prejudiced, but black on black crime is out of control. The success model is NRA's Richmond VA project: ask the neighborhood, they know who the bad actors are, confront them with powerful incentives & disincentives.

Always thought Chauvin got a bad rap, likely accidental and drug induced asphyxia. Interesting to see now how all that BLM hoopla has unraveled, and likely made blacks' lives worse not better.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.