Lonely

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

George W wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:08 am We've talked a few times about members paying in something to keep FSN running and stable.
It hey're not coming for free, do you think that they will pay to come? The only think that could advantage a paid membership would be to acquire a better software license.
George W wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:08 am I'm not sure if the software allows it, but if so, vendors could buy in as well with some advertisements for their businesses. In turn, hopefully, they would link to FSN from their own web pages.
This software is not advertiser friendly. MOlivo asked me a few month ago if he could advertize on the site with a banner and he would pay for all this site expenses. I am not the one who can allow this as it isn't my site despite the fact that I have been solely paying for it for the past few years. To this day, I have failed to contact SKSseven about it. I am exhausted at this time and I am lacking the time and the will maybe.
George W wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:08 amThere's also X. Having a presence there wouldn't hurt either. FSN has (maybe had now?) a FB Group. There isn't much the Zuckerberg would allow, but maybe it could be used to drive traffic.
AFAIK, there are no accounts on X. I think someone made an unauthorized something on Facebook once, not sure where it stands. Supporting X would take an incredible amount of time and people to run it because I don't feel like I am up to the task unless I find a way to automatize it. I am open for someone to do it, but I need SKSseven autorisation to do so.

Not trying to be negative, but I barely find the strength to keep this one running, so adding another one task ...
George W

Post by George W »

I like the idea of fundraising to buy into a better software that would allow advertising. Having Matt as a sponsor would help to drive traffic in both directions. The FB page only got active when the site was down. I would be happy to get an X account started and hopefully draw in some followers. Getting ahold of Steve seems to be the biggest issue.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

George W wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:47 am I like the idea of fundraising to buy into a better software that would allow advertising. Having Matt as a sponsor would help to drive traffic in both directions. The FB page only got active when the site was down. I would be happy to get an X account started and hopefully draw in some followers. Getting ahold of Steve seems to be the biggest issue.
Let me open the X account with FSN info and I give you the access so you can run it.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Back to Mr.Lonely,theres this video on youtube ,FSN shoot 2-20-11 @ preachers farm. It was out at my old place,people camped,RV's and tents.BREAKFAST in the a.m.'s and shooting all day,then shit talking when the sun went down and toys were put away. The old days.
There's another video on there somewhere with quite a few pic's of Rent in it at the first get together we had there.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

TonyR wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:34 pm Back to Mr.Lonely,theres this video on youtube ,FSN shoot 2-20-11 @ preachers farm. It was out at my old place,people camped,RV's and tents.BREAKFAST in the a.m.'s and shooting all day,then shit talking when the sun went down and toys were put away. The old days.
There's another video on there somewhere with quite a few pic's of Rent in it at the first get together we had there.
I'm gonna look for those video's for sure!
I've been on here since around '06, I'm not one of the original members from the Pop's range, or even one of the cool guys that had a following.
I did a number of BST transactions over the years and met some very decent folks.
There were definitely some entertaining posts a few years back from Rent, False Profit, Wakko, and let's not forget Moe, he would scold and slap upside the head (figuratively) anyone that wrote something he deemed to be worthy of his wrath.
Not everyone agreed with Moe's ban stick but it was entertaining.
Rent's passing was a shock, he was a huge presence here, full of wit and intelligence.
I moved from Florida a little over a year ago and I still check in at least once a week to see what you crazies are bitching about and whats for sale just for fun, but since I no longer live in Fla I try and keep my comments to a minimum.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:37 pm I'm gonna look for those video's for sure!

Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:37 pm There were definitely some entertaining posts a few years back from Rent, False Profit, Wakko, and let's not forget Moe, he would scold and slap upside the head (figuratively) anyone that wrote something he deemed to be worthy of his wrath.
I still have the old database in a corrupted zip file. I have tried many times to recover the data but I was unsuccessful.
Jeepsnguns wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:37 pmand let's not forget Moe, he would scold and slap upside the head (figuratively) anyone that wrote something he deemed to be worthy of his wrath.
I miss Moe. He is a real nice guy. Met with him a couple times. Hope he is still lurking.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

loI... I got "Moe'd" a couple of times!
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Thank you Legio for posting the videos
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:09 pm Thank you Legio for posting the videos
Great reminder of the fun get togethers, THANKS for digging them out. I show up on a couple of them even though I have no happy switch toys.
:D