One step closer to braces coming back...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Molivo

One step closer to braces coming back...

Post by Molivo »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/federal-j ... -amendment

A federal judge in Texas declared the Biden administration's attempt at banning pistol braces is likely unlawful last week.

The lawsuit, brought by the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty (WILL) on behalf of members of the National Association for Gun Rights Inc. and Texas Gun Rights, Inc., argued the rule put forth by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), that would require 40 million U.S. gun owners to place their name on a gun registry and pay a tax, is unconstitutional.

If gun owners didn't register and pay the tax, they could face up to 10 years in jail and a potential $10,000 fine under the ATF rule. In addition, the rule redefined pistols with stabilizing arm braces that are often attached to handguns to make it easier for users to aim and fire with one hand, particularly disabled veterans, as "short barrel rifles."
Last edited by Molivo on Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

nice!! i want to use my stribog again!
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

any update on this?
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
305tillimoved

Post by 305tillimoved »

I'm sure they'll find another way to f us in short order.

I wonder what happens to all the amnesty approvals if SCOTUS rules the ATF exceeded it's authority in promulgating the rule in the first place.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

But yet I didn’t see a single braced AR at the West Palm Beach gun show this weekend. Figured the dealers would have them for sale after the court’s ruling. It’s like a tennis game where the ball goes from one side to the other until the match ends, which it hasn’t. GARY
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:12 pm But yet I didn’t see a single braced AR at the West Palm Beach gun show this weekend. Figured the dealers would have them for sale after the court’s ruling. It’s like a tennis game where the ball goes from one side to the other until the match ends, which it hasn’t. GARY
The dealers still can't sell them (not on a gun anyway).The protective orders are for people who own them far as I have heard. ATF is still considering them NFA for dealers.
tector

Post by tector »

Molivo wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm
N4KVE wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:12 pm But yet I didn’t see a single braced AR at the West Palm Beach gun show this weekend. Figured the dealers would have them for sale after the court’s ruling. It’s like a tennis game where the ball goes from one side to the other until the match ends, which it hasn’t. GARY
The dealers still can't sell them (not on a gun anyway).The protective orders are for people who own them far as I have heard. ATF is still considering them NFA for dealers.
I think a handful of retailers got covered by a couple of the original injunctions as well.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

tector wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:39 pm
Molivo wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm
I think a handful of retailers got covered by a couple of the original injunctions as well.
Likely non-ffl retailers.