Here's how propaganda works

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Ricordo

Here's how propaganda works

Post by Ricordo »

"The constitutional carry law signed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is set to go into effect on July 1.

The controversial law sparked debate earlier this year leaving many worried about the bill worsening gun violence in their neighborhoods.

The new bill allows Florida residents to carry a concealed weapon as long as they follow two requirements. The first is that they carry valid identification while carrying. They also must give their ID to an officer if asked to do so.

According to the Florida Legislature, a concealed weapon is defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie. Residents are also not required to undergo a background check for their weapon or submit fingerprints..." https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... at-to-know

Apparently ( :roll: ) they forgot to mention, among others, that felons are not allowed to carry. " Only two (2) requirements and that's it!!!

How low things have gone at Fox.
Let's Go Brandon
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The best lie is the half-truth.

I've had this discussions with people who say, "Such and such a person should not be allowed to carry...etc." I tell them to come up with a list of categories they think should not carry. Then they are informed I likely would come up with the same list, possibly plus a few. The very same are prohibited from possessing. Can't possess, can't carry.

There have been tv spots here where Sheriff Gualtieri goes into the fact that permit less carry does not eliminate the legal requirements.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

It's not only a Fox news Orlando thing. Also in Tampa, https://www.fox13news.com/news/here-are ... -on-july-1

"Florida's concealed carry law

The new bill allows Florida residents to carry a concealed weapon as long as they follow two requirements. The first is that they carry valid identification while carrying. They also must give their ID to an officer if asked to do so."
Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Only one of two alternatives. Either intentionally lying, or they can't read.

That one's easy.

Question is why. That one's easier.
Let's Go Brandon
avmech

Post by avmech »

All part of the agenda............
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

According to Boca News Now https://bocanewsnow.com/2023/07/01/perm ... ton-beach/

"Anyone carrying a gun must be at least 21 years old and have purchased the gun through a legitimate source that conducted a background check. It remains illegal in Florida to carry a gun that was purchased without a background check at the time of acquisition."

Hmmmm...
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

One-quarter truth, half-truth, three-quarters truth, outright lie.

It all reminds me of this:

Let's Go Brandon
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

I wonder how many at/in the White House are using lots and lots of coke, if they can't distinguish one room from another.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Room.html
Let's Go Brandon
Tjl

Post by Tjl »

Bmup wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:12 am

"Anyone carrying a gun must be at least 21 years old and have purchased the gun through a legitimate source that conducted a background check. It remains illegal in Florida to carry a gun that was purchased without a background check at the time of acquisition."

Hmmmm...
how the heck do they plan on enforcing that? honor system? call the ATF any time they encounter a firearm?
im glad (i think) that constitutional carry is here, but im not going to rely on it just yet.