Mexico Beach is devistated(F****d)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Hammer

Mexico Beach is devistated(F****d)

Post by Hammer »

Sure seems like they would want to rebuilding out of cement block, if they rebuild....
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Son of Beetch!!! Looks like Cutler Bay after Andrew.

You can really see the differences in quality of construction, hardly damaged to pile of rubble.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
gforester

Post by gforester »

Makes you want to go out and buy some beach side property, doesn't it?
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

gforester wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 pm Makes you want to go out and buy some beach side property, doesn't it?
Weren't there a couple people here wanting to move to Carrabelle?
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

By the looks of it, you would think most of the damage was from mobile homes. But nope, all houses...
tector

Post by tector »

Why would anybody have anything but CBS construction, elevated, in such an area?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
patw

Post by patw »

That is sad to see. Not to derail the thread but there is a 2 story house by me done in wood and the siding is OSB. It has been exposed to the elements for at least a couple weeks. I agree with going cbs construction unless there is no other choice.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Country Walk after Andrew
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Looks like what greeted me and my fellow workers at the Florida City Water Treatment plant at sunrise an August 24, 1992. Every trailer trailer park within 20 miles looked just like those stick frame houses. Only difference was 90% of the CBS houses had no roofs.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 pm Why would anybody have anything but CBS construction, elevated, in such an area?
I don't think it really matters by the time you hit Cat 4, I didn't see any place there that looked like it wouldn't be considered a total loss by the insurer. I've been in a few concrete block homes that have been just the victims of saltwater storm surge and not combined with wind, you have to tear the entire insides out. By the time you do that, you might as well have just started over new. Insurance check is the same. Pay more upfront for the same result? Meh.