Gunshow find for S. FL Makarov lovers

Pistols of all descriptions.
tector

Post by tector »

Yeah, absent some kind of amnesty it would still be contraband then. Not likely popping up at a gunshow where the Stasi are no doubt out in force.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

Who's to say it didn't arrive in a diplomatic pouch? :arrow:

I had a Sig P230 with a billboard on the slide that I had removed. Gunsmith did a very fine job. And then I had it black chromed.
Only marks remaining were the caliber designation in the slide and the serial number on the frame.
Let's Go Brandon
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Ricordo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:31 pm
tector wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:14 pm
Ricordo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:51 pm Fwiw, you gentlemen down in Miami might want to keep an eye out for a Makarov made in Cuba. No "Made in Cuba" mark, only a serial number. Janes reported their existence years ago.

Back in the late 90s, I was told that there were two (2) exemplars down there in Miami. How they got them out, I have an idea.
Would they be considered "contraband?"
They were definitely contraband when they were "imported". :D

The only stamp/mark on them is the serial number. IIRC, in the frame.

Manufactured at the Ignacio Agramonte factory in Camaguey, Cuba. In .380 and 9x18. 8-)

See, now you have me hoping that if Cuba ever becomes free, we'll get an influx of newly manufactured Makarovs.

Not to mention all those VZ52 rifles they've been hoarding.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

cvasqu03 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:09 pm
See, now you have me hoping that if Cuba ever becomes free, we'll get an influx of newly manufactured Makarovs.

Not to mention all those VZ52 rifles they've been hoarding.
The way things are going Cuba could easily be freer than the US in a decade. Or less.

Anybody notice how the countries that were locked behind the Iron Curtain are decidely less "woke" than the top line countries of the former "Free World?"

Maybe there will be a reverse Mariel Boatlift, with American gun owners fleeing to Cuba. :lol:
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Never understood why people want Makarovs and Mosins, other than they were cheap. Now that they aren't cheap, I have no want or need of either. There are way better guns to get at a better price than what they run for now.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Outgunu wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:05 pm Never understood why people want Makarovs and Mosins, other than they were cheap. Now that they aren't cheap, I have no want or need of either. There are way better guns to get at a better price than what they run for now.
It's a matter of taste. I personally find a certain beauty in a simple all steel pistol or a rifle with a wooden stock.
My posts kill threads.