What's the consensus on current production Marlins?

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
tector

What's the consensus on current production Marlins?

Post by tector »

Marlin used to be a great brand. Then they went to crap so I avoided them. Now Ruger has been running the show for awhile--is there a general consensus at to their QC now? Might be willing to revisit them.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

I don't own one yet but they're pretty darn sweet. Ruger's really gone to great lengths to put out a quality product, they do have the crossbolt safety which I'm not in love with but there's an argument that in a hunting situation it's quieter than messing with the hammer and either way it's simple to install a delete kit. Honestly the last Remlins were pretty good too and you can spot them easily just by looking at the metalwork and stock fitment.
tector

Post by tector »

GreyShark wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:39 am I don't own one yet but they're pretty darn sweet. Ruger's really gone to great lengths to put out a quality product, they do have the crossbolt safety which I'm not in love with but there's an argument that in a hunting situation it's quieter than messing with the hammer and either way it's simple to install a delete kit. Honestly the last Remlins were pretty good too and you can spot them easily just by looking at the metalwork and stock fitment.
Thanks. Did not see a single Marlin at the Miami gun show this past weekend.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
GreyShark

Post by GreyShark »

Yeah, supply is drying up for all kinds of stuff right now. It seems everybody's focused on 9mm pistols and 5.56 rifles. I spent a year looking for one of the Ruger Marlins and never found one in person, you can find them online and Henry side gate .45-70's are more widely available in shops. I'm very interested in the new Marlins but if they can't get more guns out soon they're going to lose a lot of business to Henry.
tector

Post by tector »

GreyShark wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:23 pm Yeah, supply is drying up for all kinds of stuff right now. It seems everybody's focused on 9mm pistols and 5.56 rifles. I spent a year looking for one of the Ruger Marlins and never found one in person, you can find them online and Henry side gate .45-70's are more widely available in shops. I'm very interested in the new Marlins but if they can't get more guns out soon they're going to lose a lot of business to Henry.
Yeah, and they are pricey. Not really keen on buying without holding one first.