Carry bill

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Dave P

Carry bill

Post by Dave P »

Our gov has signed the "no permit for concealed carrry" bill. Will take effect in a couple months.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

This is probably better down in the Political section, however, I was happy to see him sign today.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
t_bare

Post by t_bare »

It was reported the the licensing system goes away in July I believe. What affect on reciprocity with other permit states will this have?

t_bare
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

t_bare wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:49 am It was reported the the licensing system goes away in July I believe. What affect on reciprocity with other permit states will this have?

t_bare
As far as I know the permit process remains the same and will still be available.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

^^
I expect it will remain the same and available. That's what other states have done to handle the reciprocity issue.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

REDinFL wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:37 am ^^
I expect it will remain the same and available. That's what other states have done to handle the reciprocity issue.
Agreed. I will continue to maintain my CWFL. Both for the reciprocity with other states, combined with the "immediate delivery" at FFLs.
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

I just finished a chat with an agent in the Dept of Agriculture, asking if the entire conceal license system will dissolve July 1st. He stated they have no update on this right now. I asked because I heard a fox news guy clearly state the license dept will dissolve July 1st. Agent also stated we can still apply for a license after July 1st, so who knows.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

t_bare wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:49 am It was reported the the licensing system goes away in July I believe. What affect on reciprocity with other permit states will this have?
t_bare
Can’t happen. For people who want to purchase from a FFL, & take it home right away, a permit will always be necessary. GARY
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH! The kind of BS nonsense we will be facing in the future.

I got a text from my Mom, this afternoon. She's approaching 90 and was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer (she won't say what stage). I'm worried about whether or not she'll see her 90th Birthday in the 4th Qtr. of this year. You know what she's worried about?

Mom: <Family Nickname>, please don't carry your weapon on your person out of your house. I don't care what that Governor does.

Me: What the Gov. did has absolutely nothing to do with where or how *anyone* carries their weapon. All it did was eliminate the need for a license
and training... two things I already have... And, two things I will maintain.

Had the Bill included "open carry" (which it did not), that might have made things a little different. Not for me, as my personal choice is never
to open carry. Why give your advantage away?

Don't worry Mom. I know what I"m doing. Love you.

Mom: OK.

-------------------

Knowing Mom as I do, I probably did not persuade her to see things my way. I gather she just didn't feel like arguing it out. Anyway, as I'm sure you know by now, she is living in the PRNJ. Weird, because she used to own a pistol (not anymore). She shot with me once when I took her to my indoor range when I lived near Easton, PA.

But, if this is the kind of mentality/mindset with which we are dealing, we're in for a long road ahead. We have to fight hard... As Sebastian Gorka says, "Never Give in... Never Give up... Keep your head on a swivel... and STAY FROSTY!"