Dyngus Day is Coming!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Dyngus Day is Coming!

Post by P5 Guy »

Get your pussywillows before they sell out.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-dyngus-da ... te-1497522

Dyngus Day is a Polish-American holiday celebrated after Easter Sunday in Buffalo, New York and elsewhere. To mark the end of Lent, the joyful celebration consists of delicious food, entertaining parades, and wonderful music. This year, due to the pandemic, organizers behind the city's Dyngus Day celebrations had to come up with creative ideas to keep the festivities alive.
In 966 A.C.E., on Easter Monday, Prince Mieszko I of Poland was baptized. Mieszko converted to Christianity because of the marriage agreement he made with his wife, Princess Dobrawa of Bohemia. By accepting Christianity as his religion, the first king of Poland was also baptizing the whole Polish nation, according to Polish News.
The sprinkling of water is associated with the baptism of Prince Mieszko I. In previous traditions, the farm boys of Poland would throw water at the girls they were crushing on. The farm boys would also playfully tap the girls on their legs with twigs. If the boys were mean-spirited and hit them really hard, the ladies would get their revenge on Tuesday by throwing dishes at them.

Everybody POLKA!!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Waiting to hear Corn Pop Biden to claim he is Polish... :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I have a 6 pack of Okcim beer and a dozen pierogis in the freezer I still need a stuffed cabbage or two.