FL Senate President says she's against Open Carry because the Sheriffs are.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
TACC

Post by TACC »

This is all I can findImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TACC

Post by TACC »

Additional information i found.

A key restriction that the withdrawn proposal would have included are that any handgun needed to be in a "level two or greater retention device," and the amendment also called for any individual doing so needed to either have a concealed carry license, or meet the criteria to get one

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Due to the poor language and drafting of HB 543, Amendment 891201 could have possibly turned a misdemeanor into a felony. This is all because Legislative Leadership has rushed the clock on purpose to make it hard for anyone to submit a clean amendment and because HB 543 is so convoluted and ill written, that what even appears t be a clean amendment, still can cause issues because HB 543 is poorly drafted.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

And why would this politician add the below language except if he is trying to appease both the pro gun individuals as well as the anti gun communists.....

Beltran’s amendment filed Tuesday said it is not illegal for a lawful person to openly carry a handgun in a level two or greater retention device.
As the legislation has moved through its designated committee stops, many people urged lawmakers to support “open carry.”