More S&W 9mm '90s Retro Goodness!

Pistols of all descriptions.
Miami_JBT

More S&W 9mm '90s Retro Goodness!

Post by Miami_JBT »

Got the NIB S&W SW9F Sigma last week. Well, just today, I snagged another NIB 9mm S&W.

Yup, a S&W "Value Series" Model 910 pistol.

These were the last of the consumer grade guns made by Big Blue. They cut every corner they could to make them cost competitive against the GLOCK.

Less machining to the frame and slide (ie, more blocky), replacement of some metal parts with plastic parts, and the same style sights as what would later be found on the Sigma. Prior to that, S&W used NOVAK sights and those cost Big Blue a pretty penny.

The 910 and SW9F were what S&W had to compete against GLOCK. The 910 is not a bad pistol by any means. But compared to the earlier 3rd Gen guns, the Value Series is like buying a fleet vehicle built Ford Ranger with a 4 cylinder engine, bench vinyl seats, AM only radio, roll up windows, and no A/C.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

I have a 910. Picked it up cheap on a private sale like a dozen years ago. It's not glamorous but it will get the job done.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tector wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:44 pm I have a 910. Picked it up cheap on a private sale like a dozen years ago. It's not glamorous but it will get the job done.
Yeah, they are reliable guns and the compact 908s and 457s are climbing in price since the traditional 3rd Gen 3913s and 4516s are in higher end collector prices these days. Folks are snatching up the Value Series guns since they have been traditionally cheaper. But now that's ending too.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA