Trump has gone nuts, attacking DeSantis

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

You might as well start calling him President DeSantis now. Whatever you think of him, it's an inevitability at this point.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

zeebaron wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:52 am You might as well start calling him President DeSantis now. Whatever you think of him, it's an inevitability at this point.
There are no inevitabilities in politics (Hillary anyone?). I'd point this out to anyone saying Desantis is a sure thing as well as to those saying Trump is going to run away with the nomination.

Two years is also a long time in the real world, and an eternity in political terms.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

FloridaMan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:11 am I like DeSantis but the establishment would like him even more as a young Republican who’s strings they can pull and eventually turn into a RINO. I’m not saying he is one now, far from it, but I think they see an opportunity to get this country back to neoliberal/neoconservative uniparty politics with him.
There are degrees of most things, including this. As governor, RD doesn't have a lot of foreign policy issues on his plate. I could easily see him adopting the standard neo-con foreign policy bullshit on a ntaional stage, like Rubio. But on domestic issues, I am not seeing much in the way of RINO leanings.

Then again, he is also electable, which, at this point, Trump probably is not. Trump really had to thread the electoral needle to make it in 2016. Seems highly unlikely he can do the same in 2024. Putting aside his massive flaws, this is his biggest downside--he's very likely to lose. Your policies are meaningless if you are not elected.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

tector wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:35 am
FloridaMan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:11 am I like DeSantis but the establishment would like him even more as a young Republican who’s strings they can pull and eventually turn into a RINO. I’m not saying he is one now, far from it, but I think they see an opportunity to get this country back to neoliberal/neoconservative uniparty politics with him.
There are degrees of most things, including this. As governor, RD doesn't have a lot of foreign policy issues on his plate. I could easily see him adopting the standard neo-con foreign policy bullshit on a ntaional stage, like Rubio. But on domestic issues, I am not seeing much in the way of RINO leanings.

Then again, he is also electable, which, at this point, Trump probably is not. Trump really had to thread the electoral needle to make it in 2016. Seems highly unlikely he can do the same in 2024. Putting aside his massive flaws, this is his biggest downside--he's very likely to lose. Your policies are meaningless if you are not elected.
Exactly. Back in 2016, everyone was talking about how Hillary was inevitable because of all the support she had going in, but it turns out she had a very high floor, but a very low ceiling. Just about everyone knew her by that point, and she was not going to win over those with an already low opinion of her, which turned out to be enough to make a difference. It turned out she was just about the most hated woman in America and there just weren't enough undecideds to break her way.

Whatever you may think about Trump, he's now in the same situation. Those that strongly support him will continue to do so, but there are those who will not support him under any circumstances, and I believe it's enough to make him unelectable (I've been wrong before). By most accounts his announcement speech was balanced and conciliatory, but I don't think it matters. Back in 2016 he kept saying that when the time came he'd be "oh so Presidential" but this never kicked in, and nobody is going to believe he'd be any different this time around. In fact, I'd wager most people assume he'd be just as erratic, unhinged and disruptive, but with an added level of grievance and resentment making him focus solely on relitigating 2020.
I don't see how anyone is in the mood for that. Once again, I've been wrong before, but I just don't think there are enough people who are persuadable at this point.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

Just got this from Ann Coulter:

https://open.substack.com/pub/anncoulte ... medium=web

The Leech Dismount
You were brave, Trump supporters! But it's time to move on.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

The trump fan bois hate Ann, especially after that piece she wrote.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

cvasqu03 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:50 pm Sorry but.....

If you don't know Allen is worth about 800 million. He's a big time producer and so is his wife. He just bought the weather channel not to long ago.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

DeSantis is not a sure thing for one main reason.

If he is the GOP nominee and Trump runs as a third party candidate for spite Trump becomes DeSantis' Ross Perot

Ron (and America) loses big time
Casual

Post by Casual »

Ok so say it out loud... sans...DeSantis. .... who else is on radar for 2024 2028....