S&W, Ruger cave to investors

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

They asked for public investment money, they have to live with the consequences of the mentality that comes with "the public".
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

“While gun violence is an issue of concern to everyone, the responsibility to market safe guns to the public appropriately lies with gun manufacturers and distributors,”...
So the problem is unsafe guns! Well, then, they aren't selling any unsafe guns, as I don't hear of people being harmed by the proper use of their guns. Case closed, and done.
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

which proves if you can't legislate it, buy it. If the pension , hedge funds etc can get control of a significant minority of stock they can force the changes they want by virtue of their financial clout. As indicated in the other posts there are groups willing to put up money for the purpose of social engineering. The best joke is there is no way to stop them in publicly traded stock market.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

From what I read, they didn’t “cave”. They didn’t have a choice.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Taco wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:17 am
What should we do about it? Buy more- buy less? I don't know... Tough to call, either we make the activists more money where they can do more harm to the industry or we bankrupt the activists- as they want and plan and take down figure head's of the American firearms industry in the process.
You have dozens of other companies, more respectful of our rights and less cowardly, to buy from. That's what forced S&W and Ruger to change their stance the last time.
chester field

Post by chester field »

zeebaron wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:57 am They asked for public investment money, they have to live with the consequences of the mentality that comes with "the public".
This right here.

Have you met the public?
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power