Finally figured out how to take apart .22 can~!!!

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
armedpolak

Finally figured out how to take apart .22 can~!!!

Post by armedpolak »

I have an integrally suppressed upper for Ruger Mark IV by TacSol and as much as I love it it has always been impossible to take apart after few hundred rounds through it. I had to unscrew the end cap and hammer it open with brass punch and rubber hammer. No amount of soaking in any sorts of cleaner would loosen it up. Not anymore! I found synthetic gun grease which I applied to the outer tube and after shooting it like this the baffle assembly came right out with very little pull.
If you’ve struggled with the same issue give it a try! Put a pea size amount of grease and apply on the internals.

HTH!

PS. I have not yet tried the aluminum based anti-seize one but I don’t think I need to.

armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Correction. I only really need to apply it to the outside of the metal sleeve holding the baffles. Supersonic cleaner or the dip take care of the rest after shooting :)
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Nice! 8-)

This is what I use - just coat the baffles and they wipe clean after a few hundred rounds. Good stuff!

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

osprey21 wrote:Nice! 8-)

This is what I use - just coat the baffles and they wipe clean after a few hundred rounds. Good stuff!

Thanks! I’ll get some to try.