Seminole County Outdoor Gun Range/Club

FloridaMan

Seminole County Outdoor Gun Range/Club

Post by FloridaMan »

Looking to find a good outdoor range in Seminole county without having to do the guesswork or read awful yelp reviews. Also wouldn’t mind a new shooting buddy or two.

Thanks for looking
“The further a society drifts from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it.”

— George Orwell
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Not 100% certain what you are looking for, but there are a couple outdoor ranges up there. I know you can tour the Chuluota Sportsman Club before you buy. They have count to 3 between shots rule that is a bit restrictive. But the people there seemed nice. The range is kinda on the smaller size.

Not certain how far it is to you, not in Seminole county but there is a nice range near Tavares FL Eustis Gun club. Real nice folks there.

Another thought there is one hell of a range alittle more north Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club.. They have ranges that go out 900 yards. let you shoot full auto and 50 bmg. Beautiful place, but can be a tad on the costly side. One nice thing there you can buy a 1 day pass and check it out ahead of joining.

Good luck
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Check out Seminole County Gun and Archery Assn https://scgaa.org/

Large facility with six ranges from 300m rifle to 15m pistol and one for rapid fire and full auto. Club activities like action pistol, rifle and pistol silhouettes, and fun swap meets with Boy Scouts grilling burgers. Their Public Day is the first Sunday of every month 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM (no rapid fire/full auto for guests ;-))
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Have to agree, the Seminole County Gun and Archery Association is a good shooting club to join.
They have their members meetings in Sandford; and as stated above, they have open house the first Sunday of every month from 9 am until about 1 pm. Check them out this coming weekend.
I've been a member since 1999, and it is a good place to shoot.
Electric gates, you get a key card; thus the range is open to you 1/2 hour after sunrise to 1/2 hour before sunset, 7 days a week, 52 weeks per year.
They have rules, but as far as rules go, they are sensible and not overly bothersome.
300 yard rifle range where even 50 caliber rifles are allowed, metallic silhouette range, pistol range, plinking range where full auto is allowed, and a training range.
FloridaMan

Post by FloridaMan »

SCGAA sounds like a winner. I’ll post here before I stop in. May not be till August. Thanks fellas.
“The further a society drifts from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it.”

— George Orwell
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

I used to be a member at chuluota sportsman's club until I started working more hours and let my membership lapse. Nice outside 100yd range that was rebuilt and improved on 5 years ago. Here is the YouTube link https://youtube.com/channel/UCCAe_36VXwckOAGj2wx4tHA
Benaj

Post by Benaj »

FloridaMan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:41 pm SCGAA sounds like a winner. I’ll post here before I stop in. May not be till August. Thanks fellas.

Good group of NFA guys shoot most Sunday on the plinking range in the afternoon.

I have been a member for 8yrs or so. Best range in central Florida to shoot and not be bothered by people, or crazy rules.
Also the cheapest range membership once you are established.
hoosier1104

Post by hoosier1104 »

What is their archery range like? I have been in central Florida for about a year now and would like to get back into my bow. I want to say my longest sight is 60 yards. I need to resight given that I sighted it in wrong (long story that no one cares about). Things happens so it needs to be re-done.

Also need to re-zero my 556 upper due to some repairs requiring new iron sights.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I suggest you go out on Open House Day, the first Sunday of every month, and take a look see.
I've personally never even been down there to see the archery range, I just drive by it every time I visit the range.
I have seen people using the archery range, so it must have some use.