Unis "Ginex" SPP

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
MagiDavid

Unis "Ginex" SPP

Post by MagiDavid »

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these primers. I picked up 5k from Capital Cartridge for $450, a bit pricey but considering how hard it is to get SPP, worth the price.

From what I've read so far:
a) These are quality primers from a well known Europe manufacturer.

b) The are slightly larger than U.S. manufactured primers and require more force to insert into the primer pocket, I can confirm this from my first batch of 38 special.

c) The primers don't always go off. I did test three primers loaded into empty casings using a Bersa thunder, no problems all three did go off. I tend to think this problem is from the primers not being seated all the way into the pocket. I did have one 357 round, Federal primer, on my last range trip fail go off on the first strike, but this first strike finished seating the primer as it did go off on the second strike. Out of a few hundred rounds, this was the only cartridge to give me a problem.

In any case, I was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with these primers. I will also update this post as I get more information.
screenerglenn

Post by screenerglenn »

I've loaded several hundred and felt no difference in the seating of these primers. So far, every one has gone "bang"
screenerglenn

Post by screenerglenn »

I must amend my previous post. This weekends loading session, I noticed about 10%+/_ of these primers required additional pressure to seat properly. They all seated correctly, but needed a lot more effort. I still have not had any issues with their function.