The "bipartisan goat rope" is out - what a piece of crap.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Odessaman

The "bipartisan goat rope" is out - what a piece of crap.

Post by Odessaman »

I don't want to derail Springfield's thread on the "New Definition of Engaged in the Business" so I'm starting this one. He provided a link to the text of the bill: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gun-bi ... egotiators .

I printed out all 80 page of the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act", and will post my observations as I get through it, but please - go to the link above and read it for yourself. It's important to know just how our so-called Republican Senators are willing to sell out our rights and our country. Read, get mad and contact your representatives in Congress to let them know we're pissed off, and anyone who signs on to this garbage better have other employment prospects.

Right off the bat, the first section is a Democrat's Christmas wish list - it's an expansion of Medicaid, and no, not focused on mental health services, which is only mentioned twice and then only in passing - no substance whatsoever. The bill appropriates $8 Million for the Secretary of Health and Human Servies for "carrying out this section" in fiscal year 2022. It also appropriates $50 Million for the Secretary to issue "grants" (bribes) to states to expand Medicaid through schools (again, barely touching on mental health) in fiscal year 2022. That's it Dems, just make more people dependent on the government for healthcare and everything will be A-OK.

Damn, I could spit blood right now, and I haven't even gotten to the real crappy stuff.
Last edited by Odessaman on Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
tector

Post by tector »

The national GOP is being Florida-ized. Lucky us.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

FJB signed it this morning. Red flags for everybody.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Your rights depend on your local Sheriff, always one election away.

Gualtieri in Pinellas said in reference to the Florida law that he'd send out officers to check on the situation before applying for a warrant. He also said no "no-knocks" except in extreme situations. So, we'll see.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

The $ allocated to "Mental Health" will no doubt go to Tranny surgery, and other gender identification BS.

And HHS needs to buy a few million $ of ammo for their agents...
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Flame Red wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:39 am The $ allocated to "Mental Health" will no doubt go to Tranny surgery, and other gender identification BS.

And HHS needs to buy a few million $ of ammo for their agents...
Yep, just like the heavy-handed shitshow that is the IRS. It makes one wonder why they feel the need to acquire millions and millions of rounds.