Gerrymandered Districts Thrown Out

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Gerrymandered Districts Thrown Out

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... a06417570a

“The judge recognizes that this map is unlawful and diminishes African Americans’ ability to elect representatives of their choice," Lawson said in a statement emailed to news outlets. “DeSantis is wrong for enacting this Republican-leaning map that is in clear violation of the U.S. and state constitutions.”

So, gerrymandering really is to assure minorities get represented by a person that looks like them.
tector

Post by tector »

Wait for the appeal. Some liberal judge in Leon County is pretty meaningless.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Hasn't this liberal Leon County Judge done this before on both a state and national level.

Further more I'm sick and tired of this African American BS. You are either an American or not. Not African, Italian, or whatever the hell ever American. Plus this BS of not being able to elect a candidate of their choice wtf just vote. Sound more like a rigged district just to elect a black person period. White or black American I dont care about their skin color. if they are a good representative I'd vote for them. But this race crap has got to end one way or another.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Article 3 SECTION 21 FL constitution: Standards for establishing legislative district boundaries.—In establishing legislative district boundaries:
(a) No apportionment plan or district shall be drawn with the intent to favor or disfavor a political party or an incumbent; and districts shall not be drawn with the intent or result of denying or abridging the equal opportunity of racial or language minorities to participate in the political process or to diminish their ability to elect representatives of their choice; and districts shall consist of contiguous territory.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

Desantis won the appeal. It has been reinstated. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/f ... epublicans