questions from an old newbie

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
fud

questions from an old newbie

Post by fud »

I recently moved back to Florida after being gone for a quarter of a century. It is good to be back. I see some things have changed and for the better. Someone correct me if I was mis-informed but I understand that now printing is legal and if a firearm is briefly exposed because of the wind or because I'm bending or reaching, it is no longer an issue either.

I have two specific questions :

[1] Can I conceal carry (with a license) on church grounds if a school is also present on the property?

[2] Do I actually need my physical license with me when carrying or will an image of it on my cell phone or iWatch be sufficient if all the information is clearly readable?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
... share what you know and learn what you don't ...
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

#1 No.

#2 Yes.
TACC

Post by TACC »

I thought they just changed the law regarding #1.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

You might want to check out this book.
https://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

WARNING: The sections in the new 2021-2022 book in chapters six and eight regarding Church schools do not become law until July 1, 2021 due to unanticipated non-action by the Governor. These sections concern HB 259 which amended F.S. 790.06(13) – and will allow a CWL holder to carry concealed on the premises of a religious institution even if there are school activities ongoing. Until July 1 – the law is not yet in effect!!!! Therefore, it will still be unlawful for CWL carry on portions of religious institutions having a daycare or school activities — until July 1, 2021. At that date — the law takes effect regardless of action or inaction by the Governor.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

TC6969 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:09 pm WARNING: The sections in the new 2021-2022 book in chapters six and eight regarding Church schools do not become law until July 1, 2021 due to unanticipated non-action by the Governor. These sections concern HB 259 which amended F.S. 790.06(13) – and will allow a CWL holder to carry concealed on the premises of a religious institution even if there are school activities ongoing. Until July 1 – the law is not yet in effect!!!! Therefore, it will still be unlawful for CWL carry on portions of religious institutions having a daycare or school activities — until July 1, 2021. At that date — the law takes effect regardless of action or inaction by the Governor.
That is nice, but it is 2022.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

(13) Notwithstanding any other law, for the purposes of safety, security, personal protection, or any other lawful purpose, a person licensed under this section may carry a concealed weapon or firearm on property owned, rented, leased, borrowed, or lawfully used by a church, synagogue, or other religious institution. This subsection does not limit the private property rights of a church, synagogue, or other religious institution to exercise control over property that the church, synagogue, or other religious institution owns, rents, leases, borrows, or lawfully uses.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 90.06.html
Let's Go Brandon
fud

Post by fud »

TC6969 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:09 pm WARNING: The sections in the new 2021-2022 book in chapters six and eight regarding Church schools do not become law until July 1, 2021 due to unanticipated non-action by the Governor. These sections concern HB 259 which amended F.S. 790.06(13) – and will allow a CWL holder to carry concealed on the premises of a religious institution even if there are school activities ongoing. Until July 1 – the law is not yet in effect!!!! Therefore, it will still be unlawful for CWL carry on portions of religious institutions having a daycare or school activities — until July 1, 2021. At that date — the law takes effect regardless of action or inaction by the Governor.
So it's okay now to carry on Church property even if a school is present because we are PASSED July 1, 2021. Right?
... share what you know and learn what you don't ...
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I can't think of many churches still open without SOME kind of school on the property, so that was a weird loophole gotcha.