Rugged suppressors.

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
N4KVE

Rugged suppressors.

Post by N4KVE »

Has anyone heard of rugged suppressors. There’s a local just west of me who sells them, & he takes care of all the forms, fingerprints, everything. I know there are reliable sellers on this forum who sell suppressors, but this guy is local, & it would be convenient. I’m looking for a 9 mm can 1/2x28 for my AP5 [MP5K] clone, & looking for suggestions. Or do I just see Vito @ OTB? Any help would be appreciated. GARY.
Casual

Post by Casual »

I have a rugged obsidian 9 that I run on my glock19, sig226, or sigMPX. Love it.

But for a strick subgun like a mp5... I recommend deadAir Wolfman
George W

Post by George W »

I have a Rugged in .22. Good can. For my AP5, I am running a Silencerco 36M using a tri-lug. It saves about an inch of length, but my real reason for not running the direct thread was because It wasn't able to get a tight fit before it started to try to keep going past the threads onto the barrel, boogering up the thread on my can.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

My next can will be a Rugged Obsidian 9....I almost bought one last week from my dealer out here in Lox. I think We Kick Brass also had some in stock last week and their prices were reasonable for the things I looked at.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

the Rugged Obsidian 9 is an OK middle of the road can for general all around shooting , some are lighter, and quieter, it all depends on what you wanna do with it

if putting it on a PCC Id say go with the >> YHM R9, Omega 9K

if you want cheap pistol can >> Octane 9, CGS, Griffin ( last resort )

whatever 9mm can >> Odessa 9, Dead Air Wolfman

better pistol cans and if you don't care about cost >> Erector 9, Sig MOD X-9

honestly I would just go see the guys at OTB , Vito they will show you which way is up
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Rent is way more up on suppressors than I am but I will share that I have the Obsidian 45 and like it enough to have an Obsidian 9 in jail. Hope to have it in my possession by the end of the month.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:42 pm Rent is way more up on suppressors than I am but I will share that I have the Obsidian 45 and like it enough to have an Obsidian 9 in jail. Hope to have it in my possession by the end of the month.
If I were you I would have diversified a little, rather than bought 2 from the same company that basically could do the same thing, one just doesn't a little louder :oops:
neverenoughguns

rentprop1 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:35 pm
neverenoughguns wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:42 pm Rent is way more up on suppressors than I am but I will share that I have the Obsidian 45 and like it enough to have an Obsidian 9 in jail. Hope to have it in my possession by the end of the month.
If I were you I would have diversified a little, rather than bought 2 from the same company that basically could do the same thing, one just doesn't a little louder :oops:
Ya. Get it.
neverenoughguns

neverenoughguns wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:15 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:35 pm
Ya. Get it. Price was right. Easy to clean. Easy to swap booster adapters as long as I never try the 9mm can on a 45… that would be a tsunami of suck. Drank the coolaid enough to have an oculus on order.
neverenoughguns

Rent,
As I understand it, the SilencerCo boosters are compatible with the Rugged Supressors. I have the tri lug booster for the Rugged Obsidian - is this same tri lug adapter the one that I would use w an Omega can? Any issues with doing that?
Thanks!