Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

So what do they do if it turns out one of the judges purposely leaked this in a effort to drum up pressure? Can anything be done about it? At least one article I read claims that a leak of this nature is unheard of in the Supreme Court.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

neverenoughguns wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:59 pm So what do they do if it turns out one of the judges purposely leaked this in a effort to drum up pressure? Can anything be done about it? At least one article I read claims that a leak of this nature is unheard of in the Supreme Court.
That justice could be impeached for violating their oath of office. But I don't think so.

The rumor mill has it that it was a law clerk for Justice Sotomayor... one Amit Jain. We'll see with what the Marahall of the Court comes up
Casual

Post by Casual »

Is it possible the newest member leaked it?
gforester

Post by gforester »

Casual wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:29 am Is it possible the newest member leaked it?
Amy Barrett is the newest member, she surely didn't leak.
Casual

Post by Casual »

gforester wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:37 am
Casual wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:29 am Is it possible the newest member leaked it?
Am I missing something? Isn't Mrs Jackson confirmed?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Casual wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:09 am
Confirmed, yes. Sworn in and serving? Not yet. This, since Stephen Breyer is still on the court until this session ends. Ms. Jackson is just "in waiting" at this point.
Casual

Post by Casual »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:15 am
Confirmed, yes. Sworn in and serving? Not yet. This, since Stephen Breyer is still on the court until this session ends. Ms. Jackson is just "in waiting" at this point.
The President "elect" gets secret reports before inauguration... so wouldn't an appointee receive Intel before filling the position?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Casual wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:33 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:15 am

The President "elect" gets secret reports before inauguration... so wouldn't an appointee receive Intel before filling the position?
The president elect gets "intelligence briefings," regarding the current state of affairs in the country. No need for a SCOTUS Justice "elect" to receive anything equivalent to that in their space because they (justice elect) wouldn't participating in the voting process, anyway. In fact, even after being sworn in and activated, they might not participate on the first few cases, for that reason (ie. not being present during the oral arguments or during internal discussions). So it may be a while before Ms. Jackson gets to wield any influence.
FloridaMan

Post by FloridaMan »

Funny how it’s mostly men getting riled up and violent in the protests I saw. I thought men weren’t supposed to have a sayso in the matter 🤔

Also, Politico supposedly leaked the document. Politico is owned by Axel Springer, one of the world’s largest multinational media companies. Those who institutionally own controlling shares of major media companies (Blackrock, Vanguard, State Street) also own controlling shares of big pharma. It’s no coincidence all left MSM has “brought to you by Pfizer” before every commercial break. Follow the money and the corrupt media.

Who did an 8,000 page data dump the same say Politico “leaked” the SC details?

“The further a society drifts from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it.”

— George Orwell