Update on DeSantis, Con Carry & Special Session

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:17 am But wouldn’t we still need the carry permit to purchase a gun, & take it home that day? GARY.
Yes.

I am keeping a permit no matter what, because it has utility beyond carry. Beyond your point, let's say some kind of disputed shoot goes down. It may have no effect, it may have some, but I am going to love having a CWP which tells arriving LE I've been vetted by the state, taken the time to study what kind of shoots are allowed for SD, etc. Just the presumption of giving a shit can be useful--you never know.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

More importantly, you will still need your Florida CWP if you wish to CC in a state that has reciprocity with Florida.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

N4KVE wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:17 am But wouldn’t we still need the carry permit to purchase a gun, & take it home that day? GARY.
Not only that, but also for reciprocity in other states. I'll keep my CWFL and continue to renew it. I don't need "Constitutional Carry."
I need for "Red Flag" laws to go away. I also need "Civil Asset Forfeiture" to go away as well. These, among other things.
TACC

Post by TACC »

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Not only that, but also for reciprocity in other states. I'll keep my CWFL and continue to renew it. I don't need "Constitutional Carry."
I need for "Red Flag" laws to go away. I also need "Civil Asset Forfeiture" to go away as well. These, among other things.
I agree with wanting red flag laws to be gone, but with the amount of crazies and liberals around i don't see any way this is happening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

TACC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:15 am
FfNJGTFO wrote:
I agree with wanting red flag laws to be gone, but with the amount of crazies and liberals around i don't see any way this is happening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
But I think it wasn't the liberals that pushed for it.... it was the RINOs including Rick Scott. We should be able to get rid of it. As for Civil Asset Forfeiture, that may be a harder nut to crack... because LEAs would be losing an untraceable revenue stream.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:38 am
I will agree that red flag laws need to go. They seem like abuse of authority just waiting to happen as a quick way of stripping a person of property and rights.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I was surprised when I just read that only 10 states have any waiting period at all. I knew NH didn't.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:17 pm
zeebaron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:11 pm
tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:53 pm You have your answer, zeebaron. To quote the old Pogo strip, we have met the enemy and he is us.
I literally went through the list of constitutional carry states earlier and could not find one that didn't allow open carry too.

Oh well. When Florida gets more expensive than NYC ("Florida is least affordable place to live in US, reports say" - https://www.wfla.com/wfla-plus/florida- ... ports-say/), I will have to move to a place that recognizes inherent rights anyway.
If you own real estate, now's the time to cash out here, as you must know.
Absolutely! I sold my condo 3 years ago. Within the next 3 years we’re going to see a massive real estate glut here in Heaven’s Waiting Room as the baby boomers die off or move into assisted living. Places like The Villages are going to look like ghost towns as the kids get stuck with mom & dad’s Del Boca Vista Florida home. That’s when I’ll buy back in.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:17 pm
zeebaron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:11 pm
tector wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:53 pm You have your answer, zeebaron. To quote the old Pogo strip, we have met the enemy and he is us.
I literally went through the list of constitutional carry states earlier and could not find one that didn't allow open carry too.

Oh well. When Florida gets more expensive than NYC ("Florida is least affordable place to live in US, reports say" - https://www.wfla.com/wfla-plus/florida- ... ports-say/), I will have to move to a place that recognizes inherent rights anyway.
If you own real estate, now's the time to cash out here, as you must know.
My wife and I were just talking about how nice it would be to cash out, rent a nice apt for a couple years and then buy back once the market correction has happened. Seems we are prisoners of our possessions though and are not really able/willing to sell and move right now. My youngest has two more years of high school, then maybe we reconsider.