Curtis Reeves (movie theater SYG) NOT GUILTY!!!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Curtis Reeves (movie theater SYG) NOT GUILTY!!!

Post by flcracker »

This man was almost immediately found guilty in the court of public opinion, but finally cleared by a jury of his peers after 8 years.

https://www.wfla.com/news/pasco-county/ ... l-charges/
Curtis Reeves found not guilty on all charges in deadly movie theater shooting

Robert Pandolfino and Justin Schecker
9 hours ago

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Curtis Reeves, the man who shot and killed Chad Oulson at a Wesley Chapel movie theater in 2014 was found not guilty on all charges Friday night.

After over three hours of deliberation, a six-person jury returned to the courtroom Friday evening and delivered its verdict. Reeves was acquitted on charges of second-degree murder and aggravated battery of Chad Oulson’s wife Nicole.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

If you know the story, it relates that some people wake up in the morning wishing to be shot.

Because they're special...
Let's Go Brandon
George W

Post by George W »

They played the frail old man story when in reality Reeves was a 6 foot 3, 270 pound bully. He was known throughout his career at TPD and his later life at Busch Gardens as one. He didn't like having his "authority" questioned in the movie theater that day and killed a (dumbass) man for it. This isn't the type of case that SYG show highlight as being "good."
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I dunno. IMO it was a bad shoot.

I've been hit with far worse than popcorn and never felt the need to cap someone over it.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

To be honest, too bad he's not on his way to Starke right now. This was a case of nasty old man, thinking he could bully people, meeting a punk. They deserved each other. Let's remember who initiated the confrontation, over what.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I read the story online they say since he threw his phone with an otter box it would have weighed as much as a cue ball so the use of deadly force was ok.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I wouldnt wanna mess with someone in a dark theater and still sit in front of them for 2 hours , I figured you'd either get shanked in the back or a shoe lace around the neck.

Or worse if you get Pee Wee Herman behind you someone might drop something sticky on ya :mrgreen:
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

he deserves to lose every penny he has in a civil suit !
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

NorincoKid wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:39 am I dunno. IMO it was a bad shoot.

I've been hit with far worse than popcorn and never felt the need to cap someone over it.
A good many males are not secure in their manhood and take something simple as a glance at them as some type of insult and flap their wings, run their mouth and stomp their feet.

On the other hand you have ignorant jackals who have no respect for others around them as they only see themselves as important.

Put these two people together, you have trouble.

Like you, it's not worth engaging with these Neanderthals.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

REDinFL wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:49 am Let's remember who initiated the confrontation, over what.
I remember 20 years ago wanting to rip the lighted cell phone out of a teenagers hand that was playing games on it in front of me during a music concert in a darkened hall and destroy it. His parents should have told him to stop being a prick, but that wasn't happening. I can understand the rage of being interrupted, but in the end the worst I would have done is walk out and complain to management. Thankfully he got bored after 5 minutes and put it away.

I've met the personality of old retired pricks who think they're still in charge of everything many times.

A couple of years ago there was a murder-suicide here in a senior trailer park over a stupid neighbor dispute. Yep, everyone thought the murderer was the neighborhood prick.