Roadside Assistance?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:45 pm A lady from Good Sam just contacted me and explained how that works.

If they determine that the nearest authorized shop is, say 8 miles away, they will tow you 8 miles in any direction.

Anything over that is on you.
Sounds like it's better to self-insure. They are pretty much legally scamming people.
Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog »

AAA used to be the best, not so much so now. Extremely long wait times just the tip of the issue. They no longer have providers in much of the country and will tell you to find your own tow and they will reimburse, which they often fail to do.Geico roadside seems to be the best bet on cental east coast.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

AAA Premier here. Thirty-four miles from home to the family mechanic, which is not an authorized shop.

Wait the same as 10, 15, 20 years ago. Never a charge.
Let's Go Brandon
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

zeebaron wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:47 pm
Sounds like it's better to self-insure. They are pretty much legally scamming people.
I'm thinking the same thing.

What if you broke down on I-4 right next to an exit with a Tire Kingdom .5 miles away?

I'm still able to change a tire, so the only other thing I need is towing.

I might as well put $200 in my car safe and pay for my own tows when/if they happen.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

If it's any consolation, things will get brighter.

For example, so far this week I've had quite a few offers of people wanting to finance me to do good deeds, i.e., for orphans, widows, and such. Rough estimate this week, around 8.5 million dollars!

I could provide anyone interested with their contact information....
Let's Go Brandon
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

TonyR wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:58 pm I have Geico and wondered about the road side assistance ,if it was of any use.
Clark Howard (consumer advocate) warns that although roadside assistance from your auto insurance is pretty cheap, for most companies when you use it that counts against you the same as being at fault in an accident, and gets reported to the big insurance database. Seems like AAA would be a better choice than an insurance rider.