FSN fundraising/membership?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

I also have been here for years, long before the crash.

I've contributed before and will again happily.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Whatever route FSN decides to take is beyond my control.
I only hope we don't end up with all the scrolling, flashing / annoying advertisements that so many of the other sites now have.
Like I said in my previous post, I'll donate to the cause.
Any of y'all have one of these? :lol:
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

have one of those,but did you get the steak knives,LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

TonyR wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:53 pm have one of those,but did you get the steak knives,LOL
Hahaha, no Sir, I believe the often mentioned but never seen "FSN steak knife set" is as elusive as the Florida skunk ape.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Legio wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:49 am
Odessaman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 am I'd like to see this site regain some semblance of its former glory
what do you call former glory? More activity & varied content. There are days now where it seems there are only 4-5 new posts in a day, and sometimes those are only relating to 1 or 2 threads.Used to be nothing to have 2-3 pages + of new posts in a day.
Odessaman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 am I remember following the separate dramas of Sharon and 305boi, if that says anything.
I don't miss these dramas. Oh, I don't miss them either - it was just a time reference that most older members will identify with.
George W

Post by George W »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:50 pm Whatever route FSN decides to take is beyond my control.
I only hope we don't end up with all the scrolling, flashing / annoying advertisements that so many of the other sites now have.
Like I said in my previous post, I'll donate to the cause.
Any of y'all have one of these? :lol:
I have a set.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Odessaman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:27 pm what do you call former glory? More activity & varied content. There are days now where it seems there are only 4-5 new posts in a day, and sometimes those are only relating to 1 or 2 threads.Used to be nothing to have 2-3 pages + of new posts in a day.
I miss these days too. However, I can pinpoint the exact point when ALL forum participation went down everywhere. I still manage a few different forums and they all went down when Facebook and social media started. Most of the forums are now in Facebook groups, Instagram. Twitter took a lot of traffic because people spent so much time there they had no more to give to forums. Nowadays, if there are no videos and if they last more than 30 seconds, people don't come or stay. Only the hardcore stay.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Legio wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:04 pm
osprey21 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:35 pm IIRC I originally joined in 2003 or '04 - SKSseven (Chris) may remember if he's still around.

I'd be happy to contribute a few $$ to make the site better.
He still owns the site.
Excellent!

Chris is a great guy, I have a lot of respect for him :)
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
George W

Post by George W »

Legio wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:56 am

I miss these days too. However, I can pinpoint the exact point when ALL forum participation went down everywhere. I still manage a few different forums and they all went down when Facebook and social media started. Most of the forums are now in Facebook groups, Instagram. Twitter took a lot of traffic because people spent so much time there they had no more to give to forums. Nowadays, if there are no videos and if they last more than 30 seconds, people don't come or stay. Only the hardcore stay.
With Facebook banning gun sales and some gun related content, some other boards have seen a resurgence (ar15-dot-com). A stable platform and a bit of social media presence (what ever happened to the FSN Fb page?) helping to push traffic here could help a lot.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

George W wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:59 am With Facebook banning gun sales and some gun related content, some other boards have seen a resurgence (ar15-dot-com). A stable platform and a bit of social media presence (what ever happened to the FSN Fb page?) helping to push traffic here could help a lot.
A stable platform is a must. Unfortunately, I cannot provide it at this time. It requires finances that I cannot provide at this time. I am not aware of an FSN Facebook page. Anyway, I am not too good at using social media. Not my cup of tea.