Alec Baldwin fired prop gun that led to death on movie set (according to authorities)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Too soon.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Many "prop guns" are actually real guns that have been modified.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Legio wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 am Hire professionals, not low pay vaccinated wannabees.
Legio, What the fuck does being vaccinated have anything to do with this subject????
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

REDinFL wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 am I dunno. When I hand a weapon to someone, I check it, even if I checked it a minute before. When someone hands me a weapon, I check it, even if it's someone I trust. I guess it's just me. Baldwin wants to tell others what to do, even though it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Agreed!
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

To bad baldwin wasn't filming a suicide scene.
tector

Post by tector »

Chigger wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:03 pm To bad baldwin wasn't filming a suicide scene.
LOL!!!!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 pm
Legio wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 am Hire professionals, not low pay vaccinated wannabees.
Legio, What the fuck does being vaccinated have anything to do with this subject????
Agree. No need to divide this forum with unsolicited vaccine comments.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Big_mike wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:54 pm Brandon Lee died from a crimped blank cartridge case separation, the crimp never opened and a piece of brass became a projectile.

According to IATSE, Alec Baldwin fired a live round from the 'prop' pistol and claimed he did not know it was loaded. It doesn't sound like a blank failure.

Many prop pistols have a chamber obstruction like a pin through the throat to prevent a live round from chambering. Sounds like they used a real firearm and called it a prop pistol.
In the context of film production "live round" doesn't necessarily mean live ammunition. A functioning blank would still be a "live round." Also, it sounds like whatever hit the first person, exited her and then hit the director.

Despite the fact that Baldwin is an extremely unsympathetic figure, it's important to wait until all the facts come out. I'm sure there are a lot of convoluted circumstances involved here. Most disasters are the result of a lot of random things coalescing into a single event. It's likely (though not completely inevitable) that there was some negligence somewhere along the line, probably several small instances of negligence among several people.
My posts kill threads.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

I agree with Stephen Gutowski, founder of The Reload, a firearms reporter and a gun-safety instructor (as reported by Fox News https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... ng-experts):

"Safety protocols on set were not followed. That's abundantly clear at this point. And I think that's the main takeaway of this whole situation is that guns — even prop guns — aren't toys. And if you're going to use them, especially in a professional capacity, like on a movie set, you need to be trained in how to use them, and you need to follow the safety rules that all times."
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 pm Legio, What the fuck does being vaccinated have anything to do with this subject????
Because they'll use anybody as long as they're vaxxed and forget the pros if they're not. This is some of the results.