Lunch near Lake City

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
BerettaRacer

Lunch near Lake City

Post by BerettaRacer »

I haven't seen my kid brother in a couple of years, he was working in Maine and me in Ft Lauderdale, life.

But he just took a job in Panama City and I just retired. He'll be pulling a dual axle moving trailer leaving Saturday morning out of So Carolina down I-95 to Jax then I-10 west to Panama City. Just so happens I'll be driving north on I-75 from Ft Laud, up thru Atlanta heading to Clemson, SC to look at retirement property in Blue Ridge area. We figure we'll cross paths around Lake City about lunch time.
Since he'll have limited maneuvering with his big trailer we're looking for someplace near Lake City for him to easily pull into, I can adjust, I'll only have a loaded car, lol.

So does anybody know a decent, easily accessible lunch spot off west bound I-10, somewhere near I-75/Lake City?
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

This had good Google reviews looks like old country-style cooking not easy maybe you guys carpool it not sure.

Shirley's Restaurant
746 E Duval St, Lake City, FL 32055
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

There a bunch of places right on US 90 as it crosses I75.
Many of them are right next to hotels, so you might be able to use
their parking lot short term.
Jiggle

Post by Jiggle »

Sal’s Italian Deli. It’s on US90, about a mile west of I-75. Phenomenal subs, I’d recommend the Godfather.

It’s in a strip mall, but there’s typically plenty of parking. I frequently go there with coworkers, all of us towing trailers.

ETA: if you use gps, make sure you go to the location on US-90. They have another location downtown (Marion St, I believe) that would be a nightmare with a trailer.

As somebody else mentioned, there are a ton of chain restaurants just east of I-75. Most are insanely busy at lunch time, but are convenient if you can find parking. There is a Cracker Barrel right night to 75 with a ton of parking. Again, it is extremely busy at lunch time, though. There is also a place next to Cracker Barrel called Jessica’s Bistro. Never been there, but I’ve heard it’s excellent, and parking would be easy.

When it comes to lunch spots in north central Fl, I’m your guy :lol:
Last edited by Jiggle on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jiggle

Post by Jiggle »

lakelandman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:43 pm This had good Google reviews looks like old country-style cooking not easy maybe you guys carpool it not sure.

Shirley's Restaurant
746 E Duval St, Lake City, FL 32055

This place is good, but parking is ridiculously tight. During busy times, you may be lucky to get a spot with a compact car.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Jiggle wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:02 pm Sal’s Italian Deli. It’s on US90, about a mile west of I-75. Phenomenal subs, I’d recommend the Godfather.

It’s in a strip mall, but there’s typically plenty of parking. I frequently go there with coworkers, all of us towing trailers.

ETA: if you use gps, make sure you go to the location on US-90. They have another location downtown (Marion St, I believe) that would be a nightmare with a trailer.

As somebody else mentioned, there are a ton of chain restaurants just east of I-75. Most are insanely busy at lunch time, but are convenient if you can find parking. There is a Cracker Barrel right night to 75 with a ton of parking. Again, it is extremely busy at lunch time, though. There is also a place next to Cracker Barrel called Jessica’s Bistro. Never been there, but I’ve heard it’s excellent, and parking would be easy.

Sal's looks like a winner. Easy in/out with a big parking lot. Down the street Sonny's BBQ second, same reasons. But Sal's might be a little better to let his dog out for a little air.
We applied rule 303.

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Jiggle

Post by Jiggle »

BerettaRacer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:25 am
Jiggle wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:02 pm Sal’s Italian Deli. It’s on US90, about a mile west of I-75. Phenomenal subs, I’d recommend the Godfather.

Sal's looks like a winner. Easy in/out with a big parking lot. Down the street Sonny's BBQ second, same reasons. But Sal's might be a little better to let his dog out for a little air.
There is a shopping center with a grocery store next door to Sal’s, with a large grass lot and some trees. I’ll occasionally take my dog over there when she goes to work with me. Sal’s also has a covered patio seating area where they allow dogs while you eat.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Good call on Sal's, worked out well. Godfather was good too, lol
We applied rule 303.

Harry "Breaker" Morant