Palm Beach County gun show rules.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
revelation

Palm Beach County gun show rules.

Post by revelation »

I might me mistaken but I think I tried to buy a lower 4 years ago and the dealer said that the lower was considered a firearm and I would have to go through the normal waiting period. Is this the case or was I misinformed? Is it the same with long guns? Thanks!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Yep. The lower is the part of the gun that the ATF considers the actual firearm that has the serial number and requires the BGC and subject to other rules imposed by the state, county, municipality.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Only problem is the state of Florida has a law, that they are choosing not to enforce any more that local yokels can not enforce local laws the are more stringent than the state.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

lilwoody wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 am Only problem is the state of Florida has a law, that they are choosing not to enforce any more that local yokels can not enforce local laws the are more stringent than the state.
Except waiting periods. Localities can impose waiting periods.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -