Self proclaimed LE at the range yesterday and my bump stock.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lilwoody

Self proclaimed LE at the range yesterday and my bump stock.

Post by lilwoody »

Went to Henrys Hester day to see how my 300 BO sub development was going and brought my bumper out for fun before I have to send it away because of our legislative buffoons knee jerk BS. I've had this thing for years and have gotten fairly proficient with it because I practiced with it, a lot.
When I got there there were two other groups of there, one older and obviously LEs. The other pair of fells looked to be in their early twenties and just looked like young folks having fun. After about a hour I bumped off a mag onto a bowling ball and put 20 or so of the 30 on the ball at 25 yards. One of the younger guys with what looked like Batmans utility belt asked if he could try it out. So i asked him if he knew how to run a bump stock, to which he replied yes he did. I told him i let the carbine cool and he could try it in about 20 minutes.
Well after a bit I ask him if he wants to give it a go. He said yes and I handed him it and he inserted his mag. Then i started to have the inkling he wasn't really genuious in his qurrie. First he tried fiddled with the safety. He then shouldered and fired three single shots and didn't release the trigger to reset. Where I tried to teach the proper method to get it to run. He fiddled around and fired three more shots just like the first and I asked for the carbine back to show him how to make it function as it was meant to. I did a 3 shot burst and handed it back. He finally did it properly but only got a double, the one more. He then handed it back and said it looked fun but did not function the way he was trained. I then put the rest of his magazine onto the silhouette. He then gave himself away and said the they were not allowed to carry FA "on duty". I then asked him directly if he was in law enforcement. He said he was, but I'm not really sure if he isn't a G license security or a real cop. I finished our little session by informing him it takes a thousand rounds to get proficient with a bump stock and I had many more than that through my carbine and that it is hard on the gun.
They didn't say another word to me for the rest of the day.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

lilwoody wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm He said he was, but I'm not really sure if he isn't a G license security or a real cop.
I ran into a two choades wearing civvies, open carrying with a badge clipped to their belt. Upon getting closer, I see the badge looks wonky and then I focus on the phrase "Security Officer". :roll:

FL guard statutes indicate openly carrying only when on jobsite or when travelling between jobsites (depending on card type).

These knobs were eating lunch at a restaurant.
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Had another mo-mo arguing that, as a security guard, he was a "first responder" and all laws pertaining to first responders applied to him (e.g. exceeding speed limit, going through red lights, etc.). :lol:
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

People who wanted to be cops, but couldn’t. GARY.
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Bastards are just lucky that Rent wasn't there. He invented the Judo-Chop... Being an MMA Bouncer and all... out behind the monkey bars and shit...
photohause

Post by photohause »

Many, many shooters who have never tried a full auto gun, can't his squat. It does take practice, like many things.

Yup, saw a guy with a badge on his best once, it said PARKING ENFORCEMENT.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Bump stocks were invented in the 60 as FA trainers for the military. Learning proficiency with it has made me a better shooter all around. Sight picture, control, sight alignment, trigger control and the general control of any firearm.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Most importantly and probably the most scary of all. Are the hugh amount of LEOs that do not even know the LAWS they are suppose to be enforcing upon on us lowly uneducated peons.

That guy was obviously looking to see if your weapon was full auto. I wonder if it was what he'd done.

You know I read that law. It says bumpstocks. But I did not read anything about triggers like binary triggers.

Was their an amendment added or is there more to the law that I missed.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:59 pm
You know I read that law. It says bumpstocks. But I did not read anything about triggers like binary triggers.

Was their an amendment added or is there more to the law that I missed.
790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.

Lawsuit(s) have been filed:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/pol ... story.html
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Thanks I'm hate that. I did sell my BFS 2 Because of this stupid B.S. that's not going to do anything to protect anyone.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS