Central Iowa Shooters Forum...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 pm That was the one and only time snow was ever reported in Dade or Broward.
Nope, I was there for all three.

The other two "barely" qualified as snow and was nothing like 1977. But I remember seeing snow in the air on Oakland Park and the news talking about it.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Did ... 89587.html

The other one was more of a freezing rain / frost on the ground event which might not qualify.
tector

Post by tector »

Never verified, not official. Look it up. '77 is it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 pm Never verified, not official. Look it up. '77 is it.
For the Oakland Park one, I was there so it's official. I had snowflakes falling on my windshield, I've driven in Iowa enough to tell the difference.

The other one, hard to say, some say freezing rain some said snow. Not really heavily invested in the debate so it really doesn't matter.
tector

Post by tector »

Whatever. Officially they are "unsubstantiated reports."
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 pm Whatever. Officially they are "unsubstantiated reports."
I didn't say I had irrefutable proof. I'm just saying I saw it. It was a pretty big deal as it had only happened once before in 1977 which I definitely remember because I was 10 and thinking "what is the BFD?!? it's not even enough to make a snowball."

Then when it never happened again, I understood the significance of the event. And that is why in 2010 when it was dusting on my windshield I had a serious WOW moment. Even if it is technically unsubstantiated.

Doesn't really matter now, I've seen more snow in one day than Florida has seen in a century.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 pm
SteyrAUG wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:55 pm I remember in 1977 it was clear evidence of the "coming ice age."
Damn, Steyr, you're bringing back OLD memories.
It was around 7:30 AM ??? & I was driving a Holiday Inn courtesy van coming back from dropping off a guest at Ft. Lauderdale airport.
I was on the airport perimeter road and small snow flakes were hitting the windshield and immediately melting.
I remember thinking: WTF!!!
Same here I remember that I was in high school and snow was on the grown in Plant City
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

You guys are old. :lol:
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Do any of you watch "That 70's show" ? Whoever came up with that show,lived in those times :D
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

TonyR wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 pm Do any of you watch "That 70's show" ? Whoever came up with that show,lived in those times :D
Best show ever.
Red Forman is my hero.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Skeezix wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:02 pm
TonyR wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 pm Do any of you watch "That 70's show" ? Whoever came up with that show,lived in those times :D
Best show ever.
Red Forman is my hero.
Red Foreman is my father

.well, he sounds a lot like him anyway
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power