Don't like laws? Build yourself a machine gun.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

S&W collector wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:21 am Channel 9 news said it was a bump stock. Then later they're saying it was modified to be full auto so which one is it?
DIAS that he either purchased online, or purchased plans online and DIY'ed.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Taco

Post by Taco »

Based on the news conference pictures and a few articles, it looks like he had an AR with an installed DIAS, a bump stock (not installed). He admitted to having two other DIAS. I'm thinking they'll charge him with 100 years worth of nonsense to get him to plea to 10...

So, as a society, we've traded a mechanical engineer, let's say $30k annual taxpayer for 30 years, for a $50k tax bill for 10 years, followed by a likely lifetime of underemployment (and possible additional taxpayer assistance down the road) due to the felon scarlet letter.

The whole situation just makes me angry at all sides...
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:44 am
S&W collector wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:21 am Channel 9 news said it was a bump stock. Then later they're saying it was modified to be full auto so which one is it?
DIAS that he either purchased online, or purchased plans online and DIY'ed.
Purchased plans to? What? Plans to these things are maybe two clicks away and none of them involve $.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Allme

Post by Allme »

This is all I have to say about that...

“the defendant admitted to altering the AR-15 by installing a “Full Auto Kit” he purchased online.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Allme wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 am This is all I have to say about that...

“the defendant admitted to altering the AR-15 by installing a “Full Auto Kit” he purchased online.”
Lemme get a little tinfoil here, but what are the chances that's misinformation to prevent people from realizing how freely available this knowledge is?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Allme

Post by Allme »

Skoll wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 am

Lemme get a little tinfoil here, but what are the chances that's misinformation to prevent people from realizing how freely available this knowledge is?
Maybe, I don't think he found a "kit" perse but then again there are a LOT of dark places on the web. IMHO its the regulations/laws/code that has really stifled the creativity of this nation for 80+ years... I can only imagine some of the really cool sh*t we would have by now is the government would get its nose out of people's business, then again if people weren't prone to blowing their own hand/head off or blasting the guy next door's cat.. Then AGAIN natural selection does have it's perks. Another case in point; cannabis and hemp. Just saying.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Allme wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:25 am

Maybe, I don't think he found a "kit" perse but then again there are a LOT of dark places on the web. IMHO its the regulations/laws/code that has really stifled the creativity of this nation for 80+ years... I can only imagine some of the really cool sh*t we would have by now is the government would get its nose out of people's business, then again if people weren't prone to blowing their own hand/head off or blasting the guy next door's cat.. Then AGAIN natural selection does have it's perks. Another case in point; cannabis and hemp. Just saying.
It's not even a "dark web" thing. You can find lightning links, auto sears, all that stuff very, very easily online. The only reason I don't share how easy it is because I don't want to risk FSN getting in trouble in case something were to happen. You cannot suppress knowledge in the information age.
Allme

Post by Allme »

Skoll wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:58 am
Allme wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:25 am

It's not even a "dark web" thing. You can find lightning links, auto sears, all that stuff very, very easily online. The only reason I don't share how easy it is because I don't want to risk FSN getting in trouble in case something were to happen. You cannot suppress knowledge in the information age.
+1 to that.
Allme

Post by Allme »

Here is a legal/constitutional question... We have the right to keep and bear arms, this is a RIGHT. Driving is a PRIVILAGE... You need a license to exercise a "privilege", why is it that we need a license to exercise a RIGHT? Do you need a license to select a God (or not to) or how you do/do not worship? How about to speak your mind or put your thoughts to paper?

You CAN build yourself a machine gun, however to do it lawfully you need a license which is stupid money for those who never researched the process...

Don't get hung up in the nomenclature, it doesn't say build your arms. I think any reasonable person could follow my train of thought and could easily agree... Unless they are a brain dead liberal w/ sheepshead tendencies. Ok, target strapped to my chest.. Flame on!
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

You can find the info to convert stuff to go fast guns all over the internet. Hell, try the staple trick on a mini14... :shock: :lol: