Don't like laws? Build yourself a machine gun.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Don't like laws? Build yourself a machine gun.

Post by flcracker »

Hey - I don't like laws either. I'll have to remember that excuse when I run down to the bank this afternoon to make a "withdrawal". :lol:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 76860.html
UCF student with illegally modified AR-15 on campus tells cops ‘I don’t like laws’

A 19-year-old University of Central Florida student was arrested at his dorm after campus cops say they found an AR-15 illegally modified into a fully automatic rifle in his car.

According to Monday’s arrest affidavit, Max Chambers of Sarasota “admitted to knowing the manufacturing and possession of the (Drop-In Auto Sear) was illegal, but he said he does not like laws.”

Chambers is accused of possession of a short-barreled gun, rifle or machine gun and possession of a bump fire stock. As of 11 a.m. Tuesday, he’s still in Orange County Jail on $5,150 bond.

A Drop-in Auto Sear (DIAS) is, according to the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, “ a combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon to shoot automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. Consequently, the auto sear is a machine gun as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(b).”

The affidavit said Chambers, who lives in UCF Tower 3, gave the UCF Police Department officer the verbal OK to search his car. After the officer found the AR-15 and that the semi-automatic was now a fully automatic weapon, the affidavit claims, “the defendant admitted to altering the AR-15 by installing a “Full Auto Kit” he purchased online.”

A Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certified Firearm Instructor tested the rifle, according to the affidavit. With one trigger pull, it fired all six .223 caliber rounds in one magazine. With a 22-round magazine, it fired 19 rounds with one pull and three rounds with a second pull.

The affidavit says Chambers told the officer he made and owned three DIAS in December and tested one with his AR-15 this month.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Dummy. Wonder if he's going to state prison or Federal Pound Me In The Ass prison?

[youtube]oBzvMLW0ii4[/youtube]
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Hopefully he makes a go fund me for his case, I’d happily donate to his legal defense :lol:

A young life wasted for such stupid laws
Jason

Post by Jason »

I may be in the minority, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Wait he had a DIAS and a bump stock on the same gun ?

Thats gheyer than....trying to make it go faster
Greg

Post by Greg »

This dude was just asking to get arrested
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Making gun parts in your schools machine shop is a big no no. Of course someone ratted him out. Two people can only keep a secret if one of them is dead.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

Channel 9 news said it was a bump stock. Then later they're saying it was modified to be full auto so which one is it?
Cwt7691

Post by Cwt7691 »

I understand the idiot had both. So much for his dreams of being a Engineer. :idea:
Member since the early days
Semper Fi